Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Freeze!! Don't Move!!

Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. - 1 Corinthians 15:58 NLT

When God places a business or idea in our hearts, it is so easy to become enthusiastic at first. You become very excited and begin to visualized the successful ending result. You even begin to map out goals and plans on how you are going to bring the vision that God placed in your heart to past. As you begin initating your plans to accomplish your goal, everything seems to be falling into place. But then, all of a sudden, you hit a dry spell! Nothing is going according to plan. Every door you try to walk in seems to slam right in your face. Things seem to be getting harder and harder. Then you find yourself not so excited about the plan God want you to carry out. You begin to question your relationship with God as far as whether or not the vision God gave you is truly of and from Him. You, even, feel as if you are about to lose all hope and a sense of direction. Then, if that is not enough, you feel yourself just about to remove your firm & planted feet off of what God's word say about doing His will and His work.

Have you ever been there? I have. It is easier to sit than stand on God's word without wavering, especially when everything else around you seems to be crumbling down. If you are currently in this predictament, I am telling you to "Freeze and Don't move!" There were so many times I fell short of my blessings because I was willing to give up instead of standing strong on God's word in order to see the ending result of His plan. I wanted to accomplish every goal and plan the easy way. I wanted that instant gratification and not the delayed gratification. I didn't want to be rejected or fight for the vision God gave me. I expected it to be smooth sailing without any hang-ups or hindrance. I was not determined. As soon as an obstacle came my way, I was quick to give up all hope of completion. As a result of my ignorance, I missed out on so many times in the past. But, not anymore!

I am no longer ignorant of satan's devices. I know that God has great things in store for me. However, in order for me to see or experience those great things, I have to follow through with God's plan for my life, including the ups and downs, the highs and lows. That's why it is important to stand firm on God's word. Don't you dare move!! You might not get those quick and fast results to God's plan for your life. However, you must continue on with God's work and know with out a shadow of a doubt that every work that you do unto the Lord is not in vain. So, I encourage you to never give up or never give in. Hold on tight to God's word.

Before I close, I want to leave you with a few scriptures of steadfastness:

Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, make you complete in every good work to do His will, working in you what is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.
(Hebrews 13:20-21)

In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will. (Ephesian 1:11)

For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. (Ephesians 2:10)

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)





Your Sister in Christ,
Toia

2 comments:

Randi Jo :) said...

thanks Toia! :) keep on hanging on while everybody else is letting go right? :) xoxo Not all of God's delays are His denials

Jan Parrish said...

Great post. Love the title.