Thursday, January 15, 2009

Quench Your Thirst Thursday #2 ~ The Stand (By: Hillsong United)

It is time for another edition of Quench Your Thirst Thursday. To understand why this is called "Quench Your Thirst Thursday", please refer to the first edition. In the right sidebar, under labels, click on Quench Your Thirst to read the first edition.

For this "Quench Your Thirst Thursday", the Lord has placed upon my heart...."The Stand" by Hillsong United. This is one of my many favorite worship songs. Here are the lyrics:

You stood before creation
Eternity within Your hand
You spoke the earth into motion
My soul now to stand

You stood before my failure
Carried the Cross for my shame
My sin weighed upon Your shoulders
My soul now to stand

So what can I say
What can I do
But offer this heart O God
Completely to You

So I'll walk upon salvation
Your Spirit alive in me
This life to declare Your promise
My soul now to stand

So what can I say
What can I do
But offer this heart O God
Completely to You

So I’ll stand
With arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the One who gave it all

So I’ll stand
My soul Lord to You surrendered
All I am is Yours




After reading the lyrics, please view the video below. I wasn't sure if I was going to use this video or not, because (in my opinion)it is so intense. But, it's not about what I want, it's about what God wants and I must be obedient to my Heavenly Father. "Obedience is far better than sacrifice." (1 Samuel 15:22, NLT)

God wants you to feel the intensity of this video and grasp all that He has done for us. Think about how God gave His one and only Son on our behalf, so that we can live and have the life He has predestined us to have. Jesus shed His blood and died on the cross so we can be wash and be free from sin. After you watch this video, ask yourself....."After all He has done, am I willing to stand?" Make sure you pause my playlist to the bottom. Oh, by the way, you might want to grab some tissue.






"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)




Your Sister in Christ,
Toia

4 comments:

Tammy said...

I have no words for what I am feeling right now.

In His Grace,
Tammy

Thank you for dropping by,come again.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this song! It is beautiful and brings me to my knees every time!

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Good morning beautiful spirit. I was crying in the first 35 seconds or so. I don't know where he got the strength to carry the across after his senseless and vicious beating and then my voice answered; "His Father."

I remembering watchng this the first time at the movies w/friends and I was not a Christian. It was interesting and upsetting but after being saved, I rented it and watched it at home with new eyes. It heart wrenching and I was filled with anger. I cried and cried and it sounded as if I was hearing someone else cry and it was me. I knelt down and asked for forgiveness for all the sins I committed in my life time and even for the ones that I will commit in the future. He forgave me and I now have a space reserved in Heaven because of it. He is my Lord and Savior and my heart goes out to anyone who doesn't feel the same.

Have a great weekend and thanks for such a beautiful post and hopefully a chance for others who may not have seen the dept of his pain to watch it here.

Love, peace and blessings.

Laura said...

So beautiful, Toia! I was so excited to see your comment on my post today...I love to make new bloggy friends. I can see from your beautiful blog that we have a lot in common! Your love of the Lord is bold and beautiful!

That video is so intense...goosebumps, my friend.

:)Laura