Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving Dinner Menu

I had a great Thanksgiving. We did not do a lot, but the idea of spending time with my family eating a gourmet meal and enjoying a funny movie or two is good enough for me. As far as my children are concerned, they love eating food, especially when they have a delicious feast spread out right in front of their eyes. I wanted to share my menu (what I cooked) from yesterday with you. I should have taken pictures. I might still do that, since it's plenty of food left over.

Yesterday's Thanksgiving Menu

Sweet Potato Corn Pudding (recipe from Foodnetwork.com)
Homemade Stuffin'
Green Bean Casserole w/Parmesan Cheese
Candy Yams
White Rice w/Turkey Gravy
Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Yellow Rice
Cabbage
Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
Deep Fried Turkey (Courtesy of my DH)
Apple Butter Sweet Potato Pie
Peach Cobbler
Regular Sweet Potato Pie


My children and hubby had a favorite from the menu.
Ketirah - loved the cranberry sauce, macaroni cheese, and dessert
Michael - loved the turkey, macaroni cheese, and green bean casserole
Jonathan - loved the corn pudding, stuffin', and green bean casserole
Hubby - corn pudding (which he now prefers over the stuffin) and the apple butter sweet potato pie
Mine (of course) was the cranberry sauce w/the turkey. Love my turkey fried!!!


If any of the food on my menu interest you, please let me know. I'll be happy to share the recipe with you. I pray that everyone's Thanksgiving was a happy and (belly-filled one). :) Also, I would like hear about your Thanksgiving feast and your favorite thing to eat yesterday.




Blessings to you all!!!


Photobucket

4 comments:

RCUBEs said...

Glad to know that you had a wonderful time with your family and with His everlasting kindness! I'm so grateful for all the blessings the Lord always bestow with His children. After all those good food we all had, time to walk now, physically and spiritually!!! :)
To God be the glory!Blessings to you sister!

Warren Baldwin said...

This was a feast, and I can see why your family enjoyed it! I hope you continue to have a good Thanksgiving season. wb

Maxine said...

Everything sounds so yummy! Thanks for the visit. May you and your family be blessed this holiday season.

LisaShaw said...

WOW! I would have loved to have been at the table breaking bread with you all. :) Sounds good!

Blessings and love!