Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Getting in Shape
(I'm working on it!)

I am challenging myself to get fit. Thats right...you heard me. I think it's time for me to get in shape. I have excercised plenty throughout the years. However, I never kept up with it; So, I did'nt lose any weight worth mentioning. I know this post is like preaching to the choir for some of you. That's because many of us are struggling with our weight. It can be anything from those extra 15, 30, 100 pounds. Bottomline is, we want to get rid of it. And, we should or at least try.

To kick off my journey to lose weight and tone my body, I started taking Zumba classes. Depending on your Zumba workout, you will burn between 500 - 1000 calories per hour. The more intense your workout is the more calories your burn. My class is medium to high. So on an average, I burn about 800 calories.




Now let me tell you something. I have never ever considered myself a bonafide dancer. However, I was able to get my dance on and stay on beat to whatever song was playing. In other words, I had rhythm. Having said that, Zumba makes me feel like I have no rhythm and that I am paralyzed in my hips. But, whats so crazy is that....I LOVE IT!!! Though it feels like every muscle is hurting in my body, I am proud of myself. I am setting short term goals for my weight loss. These are my baby steps. Besides, I do feel my hips loosening up.  :)


We are supposed to be good stewards over our bodies. It is where Holy Spirit lives. When God decides to use me for a mission big or small, I have to make sure my body is in shape. I want to be ready to go wherever He sends.  I don't my health or weight to be an hindrance. 

"Or do you not know that your body is the temple
of the Holy Spirit [who is] in you, whom you have from God,
and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price;
therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's."
(1 Corinthians 6:19-20)


Hopefully, I can keep you updated on my progress. I pray for all of you who have struggle with the idea of losing weight, try it. You have nothing to lose but weight. Even though I tried many times, I refuse to give up. Because my pity party, is not a remedy for weight loss. Putting my faith into action is a great cure. Zumba is the action I am taking right now. Then, I will go from there.


I will be happy to hear what you are doing to get and keep in shape!!  Please share!!




Photobucket

3 comments:

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

We are supposed to be good stewards over our bodies. It is where Holy Spirit lives. When God decides to use me for a mission big or small, I have to make sure my body is in shape. I want to be ready to go wherever He sends. I don't my health or weight to be an hindrance...

Good morning sister and you're so right! I agree wholeheartedly. I don't won't my health to slow me down as I am working for the Lord.

My New Year's Resolution was to take better care of myself and I must admit that "it" didn't kick in until the beginning of Lent. Since then, I've walked an hour a day and gave up sweets and sodas. I have an addiciton to walking now and feel so healthy. I'm so proud of my progress. My waist has gotten smaller and I went from a 12to a 10. I am confident that by the end of summer I'll be back in my size 8. Before I went through my Thryroid highs and lows, I was a comfortable 8.

He can do mighty things if we often take the first step. This time, I'm committed to running the race like Paul speaks of in Philippians.

Oh...and the key chain. Done deal!

Love you and thank you for stopping by North Beach, Md.

Love for a great day!
China

From the Heart said...

Sorry for being slack in reading your post. A lot has happened in our family and God has been so good to us, praise His Holy name.

Proud of you for taking charge of your self. I'm too old and god too many rods in me to exercise any more but I've managed to keep my weight at a certain point.

God bless you, AE

Wanda said...

Best of luck to you Toia.