Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sunday Scripture Reading ~ Isaiah 40:31


bible-reading 1




Welcome to Sunday Scripture Reading!! We are in the last week of September!! Wow!! Can you believe it?? I don't think I can. Be that as it may, the show must go on. Our themed scripture this week and today's Scripture Reading is Isaiah 40:31.



"But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint."



This scripture is a redemptive promise from God. Isaiah 40:29-30 says, "He gives power to the weak, And to those who have no might He increases strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, And the young men shall utterly fall,". This lets me know that even the strongest and the most powerful people may faint as well as grow weary and fall. However, there is a "but." If you wait on God, He promises to do four things.


1. Renew your strength
2. Mount up wings like eagles
3. Run and not be weary
4. Walk and not faint



God does not want us to give up or breakdown, when things seem like there are not going right. He wants to redeem, renew, and restore us in the name of Jesus and by the power of Holy Spirit. If you are in need of strength from God, If you feel weary in your spirit, or if you are in need of a change, join me this week as we dig a little deeper in His word.



 
Other Bible Translations for Isaiah 40:31
But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint.
(nlt)



But those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
 (niv)



But those who wait upon God get fresh strength.
They spread their wings and soar like eagles,
They run and don’t get tired,
they walk and don’t lag behind.
(msg)



But those who trust in the Lord for help
will find their strength renewed.
They will rise on wings like eagles;
they will run and not get weary;
they will walk and not grow weak.
(gnt)



But those who wait for the Lord
[who expect, look for, and hope in Him]
shall change and renew their strength
and power; they shall lift their wings
and mount up [close to God] as eagles
[mount up to the sun]; they shall run and
not be weary, they shall walk and
not faint or become tired.
(amp)










Photobucket

1 comment:

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Dear sweet sister, The Father led me to this verse when I was deciding to let my house go. I was getting reading for a Wedding in May of 2010, and Fred Hammond was singing, "They that wait."

I started singing, dancing and then crying. God was asking me to trust Him. It was so very difficult, but I did!

When I went to Alaska for my recent birthday, I tried to get the biggest bang for my bucks. I happened upon little glass eagles for $1.99 each. I bought about 16 of them and gave them out as soveneirs w/a note that read Isaih 40:31.

So many people loved them and what the eagle represented. Isn't Our Father just amazing. Only when we stay with His word and listen and trust His voice will we be of use to His Kingdom!

Love how you gave multiple version of His mighty message!

Love for a great week!
China