Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Renewing of the Mind










Part of becoming a new creation in Christ Jesus, is changing your attitude and the way you think. Through the power of the Holy Spirit, God can transform your thinking process by renewing your mind. This where you need not pattern your self after how the world views people, circumstances, etc.












I love the study note for Romans 12:2 in my Spirit-Filled Study Bible.



"The "mind" constitutes  the intellect or understanding, but also includes all that is described in the word "mind-set," that is, the feelings and the will.  Being "transformed" by the renewal of the mind indicates a literal "change in the form or formulas of thought or being."





Make a decision to commit your mind to the ideals of the Kingdom of God. By deciding not to live according to the ways of the world, you are allowing God, His word, to transform your mind.





Heavenly Father, my prayer is not to conform to this world. Transform me by renewing my mind each day. Because of Your Son, my Savior, I have a new attitude, a new perspective, and a new way of thinking. Thank you Father. This day I committ my mind to all ideals to the Kingdom of God. I pray this prayer in Jesus' name. Amen.






Photobucket

No comments: