Friday, February 29, 2008

Freedom Word Fighters Friday

I'm free!! I'm free!! I'm freeeeeeeeee!!


Isn't a blessing to know that Jesus died on our behalf so that we can be free from sin, bondage, and condemnation? Jesus didn't died so that we may live a life of bondage and slavery to sin. He died for us to have life and live it in abundance. The word of God is full of scriptures expressing freedom in Christ. This is where "FreedomWord Fighters Friday" comes in. God's word is sharper than any two-edge sword. We have to use our spiritual weapon (God's Word) to destroy every yoke and release every shackle that is trying to keep us in bondage. So, every friday I would like for everyone to share a scripture or passages that express freedom in Christ. If you like, express to us the meaning of the scripture to you. Or, just share a scripture with no words attached.

I declare all of us free in Jesus' name. To get things started..........


Stand fast therefore in the
liberty by which Christ has made us free,
and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
(Galatians 5:1)


What's your freedom scripture? Post it on your blog. Leave a comment to let me know and I will be sure to stop by and check it out.



Your Sister in Christ,
Toia

3 comments:

Randi Jo :) said...

Hey Toia! This is awesome!!! :)

My most recent "freedom" scripture on my heart is Psalm 34:5. This seems to be my "life psalm".

"Those who look to Him are radiant, their faces are never covered with shame!" Ps 34:5

Isn't this incredible!? I wrote an entry about this a while back - but I'll just summarize here. Our sins really kept us separated from God pre Jesus - but more than anything it's our GUILT that kept us away from Him. After Adam & Eve sinned in the garden.... THEY hid from God. GOD's love hadn't changed, GOD had not changed...what changes when we sin is US. Adam & Eve felt shame for the first time and it kept them from running to God like they had before! What changed is our heart, our Spirit!!! WE feel ashamed and guilty...God doesn't love us less because we sin --- BUT we DO lose access to Him because of our guilt! BUT Jesus came to take away our guilt so we could have full access to God once again!

Jesus died so that our sins would no longer have a presence in our lives at all. YES we'll mess up - but once we recognize our sin and ask for forgiveness yet again - ALL remembrances of that sin are gone, including the shame and guilt we felt about it!

BEING FREE of this shame is incredible to me. Knowing that Jesus took the BLAME and SHAME of my sin is just heartbreaking to me BUT also the best thing EVER. My savior!! Because I have no shame - my life is FULL of radiance, His glory, His light being able to shine through me - because without shame and guilt in me - there is ROOM for the Spirit and His fruits in me!

The devil tries to plant seeds of guilt and shame - but I just ask God to remind me that HE has redefined my heart through Jesus - this is no longer a heart where there is any room at all for guilt or shame. My heart is now one of fresh starts of clean slates of victory over sin -- of peace and joy and LOVE (because absolute forgiveness is the # 1 sign of love to me) and I want my face, my life to radiate that!!

I will be posting soon about this "absolute forgiveness".

THANK YOU for stirring me to write all this!

AWESOME! :)
Have an awesome weekend!
PS 34:5

Toia said...

Randi Jo, you hit the nail on the head. The devil wants us to be bonded and gagged with the guilt and shame of sin. And keep us ignorant to the fact that our God is a forgiving God, which on top of that has given His only son (Jesus) to die in order to become and remain free in Him.

Melanie said...

I am FREE! Great post!!