Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #6 - Favorite Cartoons


Thirteen of My Favorite Cartoons To Watch Back in the Day



They just don't make cartoons like they used to. When we were kids, my brothers and I use to get up early every Saturday morning, get a bowl of cereal, and plop in front of the TV to watch cartoons until about 12pm, which was when the afternoon TV movies began. During the weekdays, we also used to watch cartoons that would come on every afternoon from 4 to 6pm.

1. Smurfs
2. Snorks
3. Thundercats
4. Voltron
5. Fraggle Rock
6. Johnny Quest
7. Scooby Doo
8. Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound,
9. The Looney Toons (Bugs Bunny, Road Runner, Yosemite Sam, Wild E. Coyote, Daffy Duck)
10. The Flintstones
11. Popeye
12. Mighty Mouse
13. Woody Wood Pecker

Here's some more cartoons I used to watch (X-Men, Superfriends, Spiderman, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle. Oh, to be a kid again. :)


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Toia

12 comments:

Happy Mama to Three said...

Love them. I am so a child of the 70s cartoons. My Daddy owns all the Pink Panther and all the the Looney Toons dvd's. We are a toon loving family.

Cindi
My tt is up and running

Walls Down Church Kids said...

And who could forget even the "cartoons" between the cartoons---conjunction, junction, what's your function....or I'm just a bill, just an average bill, and I'm sittin here on Capitol Hill.... ;)

Melanie said...

8. Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound,
9. The Looney Toons (Bugs Bunny, Road Runner, Yosemite Sam, Wild E. Coyote, Daffy Duck)
11. Popeye
12. Mighty Mouse
13. Woody Wood Pecker

Fun stuff!! I still enjoy those old cartoons!

Anonymous said...

I loved about half of this list!

However, whenever I mention "Snorks" people look at me like I'm crazy.

Di said...

What I hate about the cartoons now is that they all have to have a message. What is wrong with something just fun and funny for the sake of fun and funny?

Greatfullivin said...

I love all the oldies too. I have purchased many of them on VHS or DVD for our grandchildren. They really like little lulu. Thanks for sharing these :)

Chelle Y. said...

I remember those days. Kids are spoiled now because they can get cartoons, 24/7, so they do not appreciate it much.

I loved the Smurfs and Scooby Doo! I watched them all!

Heather Goodwin said...

I used to get up early and watch cartoons long after I was far too old for them. I liked Bugs Bunny but hated the Roadrunner...I was always rooting for the cayote! Same with Tweety Bird, he was so simpering, he deserved to be Sylvester's snack. lol

The Smurfs were weird--99 boy Smurfs and only one Smurfette?! Still I loved them. Hee. Good times!

ShellyH said...

Most of those were my favorites too!

Toia said...

Thank you guys for visiting!

Rebekah said...

I completely agree that don't make cartoons like they used to. MY favorites were The Smurfs and The Chipmunks.

Kodelle said...

I watched so many of these same cartoons. I miss them. I used to love saturday mornings and after school.