Saturday, January 3, 2009

2009 Is Your Year!!

It's hard to believe that it's a brand new year.....2009 to be exact. It's amazing how time flies. When I reflect on different events that transpired in my life it only seems like it was yesterday. Different events such as graduating from high school, getting married, having children, loved ones going home to be with the Lord, and etc. It's a blessing to be living to see a brand new year. My prayer is that I won't waste such an opportunity. This year can be one the best years in your life. You just have to expect the unexpected and believe in God to start opening doors for you.

This could be the year to receive your heart's desires from the Lord. "Delight yourself also in the LORD, And He shall give you the desires of your heart," (Psalm 37:4). If it is God's will, you can start your own business, be a stay at home mom, budget out your finances, go back to school, or whatever your dream is go for it. The question is.....What are you waiting for?

In the bible, the number nine means new birth. With that in mind, this is our year to birth out new ideas, new endeavors, new walks in life, new relationships, and so forth. Just ask God to show you His paths for your life. "Show me Your ways, O LORD; Teach me Your paths," (Psalm 25:4). "Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths," (Proverbs 3:5-6)

May 2009 be the year for us to let our light shine and receive every blessing that God has for us.


Your Sister in Christ,
Toia

4 comments:

Mary Timme said...

I agree wholeheartedly! I hope you have a great new year. If we stay in the Spirit guidance and listen we may have revival like we've never seen since the early church!

Anonymous said...

Great post. I did not know that about the #9. Have a Happy New Year. Your blog is lovely and joyful.

mommy24treasures said...

Hi Toia thanks for coming by.
We too are believing for wonderfu things for this year.
I am going to endeavor to deepen my relationship with Him and grow in the Lord.

Jennifer said...

Hi Toia! Thanks for visiting my blog. I am so excited for this year. It seems like there are many of us expecting something! I love the feeling!

Blessings to you!

Jennifer