Sunday, January 4, 2009

Scripture Sunday ~ Psalm 90:17



"And may the Lord our God show us his approval and make our efforts successful. Yes, make our efforts successful!" (New Living Translation)




"And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us, And establish the work of our hands for us; Yes, establish the work of our hands." (New King James Version)




"May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us; establish the work of our hands for us-- yes, establish the work of our hands." (New International Version)




"And let the beauty and delightfulness and favor of the Lord our God be upon us; confirm and establish the work of our hands--yes, the work of our hands, confirm and establish it." (Amplified Version)


No matter which version I read, Psalm 90:17 is music to my ears. I would like to consider this my declaration for 2009. I pray that the favor and beauty of God rest upon all of us and show us His approval, establish and confirm the work of our hands, and make every bit of our efforts successful. Most importantly, that we would always give God all the praise and all the glory He so richly deserves.



Your Sister in Christ,
Toia

4 comments:

Amydeanne said...

beautiful verse for today! A wonderful prayer to offer others and one that is perfect for my day today, since i had 4 friends who were baptized!

God Bless and thanks for visiting my blog!

Tammy Brierly said...

Amen! Thank you!

Myriam said...

Hello Toia-

Beautiful scripture worth memorizing and meditating upon.

I thank you so much for your visit and wish you a wonderful new year.

I will certainly stop by in the future.

New sister in Christ.

Myriam

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Happy New Year. Thanks for your visit to my blog and I read your Bio. We have a lot in common, looking forward to hearing great things from you. Now I'm going to read Psalm 90:17 (smile)

Have a great week and keep wearing that great smile!

Peace and blessings!