Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Mind

MIND

A negative thought came to my mind.
He wore a charming smile
And I was sorely tempted
to invite him in awhile.
And as I hesitated,
He tapped softly on the door
And whispered through the keyhole
As he'd often done before.

He said, "I'll help you hold your grudge,
I'll help you sing the blues,
It seems like all your folks and friends
have turned their backs on you."
He said, "You've been misunderstood,
Mistreated and maligned.
I'll help you cry your heart out
If you'll let me come inside"

But, I kept my windows fastened
And my doors securely closed,
For I knew I'd be the loser
If I let him take control
For negative thoughts can multiply
And crowd the positives out
And make the mind a cesspool
Of anxiety and doubt.

And so I told the negative thought
I could not let him in.
He went his way, but I am sure
That he'll return again.

But no more will I greet him
With a welcome or a smile
And never will I entertain him
Even for awhile.
I'll fill my mind with positive thoughts
And on the door install
a sign which reads, "DO NOT DISTURB"
when negative comes to call
For tho' he knocks a thousand times
And yet, a thousand more
He cannot dominate my mind if I don't open the door.
~Author Unknown

(This poem is from God is Groovy.)





Our mind is a battlefield. There's always a constant fight against negative thoughts or any other thoughts that are not pleasing to God. We have all authority in Jesus' Name to decide what thoughts can dwell in our minds. It can be thoughts of peace, thoughts of joy, thoughts of love, and all positive thoughts.

It's time to fasten or close our minds to thoughts of negativity, thoughts of disappointments, thoughts of hate, thoughts of holding a grudge, etc.

"Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things [are] noble, whatever things [are] just, whatever things [are] pure, whatever things [are] lovely, whatever things [are] of good report, if [there is] any virtue and if [there is] anything praiseworthy--meditate on these things." (Philippians 4:8)

"fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind." (Philippians 2:2)

"Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus," (Philippians 2:5)

"Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth." (Colossians 3:2)

"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." (Romans 12:2)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lord, thank you for giving me the mind my Savior and Redeemer, Jesus. Right Now, I delete all thoughts that does not reflect your virtue, your loveliness, and purity. Please forgive me for entertaining thoughts that were contradictory to your word. I will no longer let my thoughts be dominated by satan. I have the power in your Son's name to fasten my mind against such thoughts. Thank you, Lord. In Jesus Name...Amen.




Your Sister in Christ,
Toia

7 comments:

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

I love the poem and the prayer at the end. I love ROMANS all day long. Although I prayed the prayer, I know that there will be times when my "mind" will revert back to old habits. I am constantly repenting for negative thoughts and doubts that the Lord wants what's best for me. Aftering realizing it, I feel ashamed and ask forgiveness and as always, he accepts my apology.

He will not forsake us!

Have a great hump day,
the butterfly

God's Girl said...

Amen! Amen! Amen! I love this post! Oh how I desire to only think on what is pure, lovely, and right and true.

Thank you for sharing such a powerful word from the Lord!

Julie

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Thanks for sharing this. The Holy Spirit works in amazing ways.

I have just gotten off of the phone with a dear friend who pointed out this very thing was going on in my mind. I did not recognize it as an attack from the enemy before she said something. I just thought it was my own frustrations. I am so thankful that this Sister pointed out the truth.

And now I am just as thankful to have some scriptures to fill my mind where I have released the frustrations. Thank you so much!

And thank you for visiting my blog. I love making new friends! May you have a wonderful Wednesday!

Rose of Sharon said...

What a wonderful blog you have here! It is so uplifting and encouraging! I love that poem.

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'd love to be blogging buds!

hugs, Sharon

LisaShaw said...

Toia,

This is a wonderful message. I do a lot of teaching on the mind over the years. It's the battlefield for the enemy's workings when we are not continually surrendering it to the Holy Spirit's leading through the transforming power of the Word of God.

Good teaching you did! God bless you.

paula said...

that poem was quite true. God is so very good. thank you for your encouragement and prayers.

Sockrma18 said...

I love it! Satan sure does speak ever so softly through the keyhole and try to get in with tempting thoughts. I loved your prayer!

Thanks for stopping by my blog....yours is awesome and a VERY cute background!