Thursday, January 22, 2009

Quench Your Thirst Thursday ~ Come Thou Fount, Come Thou King!!

It's time for another "Quench Your Thirst Thursday." To understand the purpose of "Quench Your Thirst," please Click Here! (Please make sure you come back :)


For the third edition of "Quench Your Thirst Thursday," the Lord has placed upon my heart "Come Thou Fount, Come Thou King" sung by Gateway Worship. This song is already on my playlist. This song speaks to my spirit everytime. It gives me comfort in a way I cannot explain......a sense of peace, if you will.

As you look and listen to the video, meditate on the lyrics. One of the verses that quench the thirstiness of my spirit is verse 2:
"I was lost in utter darkness 'til You came and rescued me
I was bound by all my sin when Your love came and set me free
Now my soul can sing a new song, now my heart has found a home
Now Your grace is always with me
And I'll never be a- lone"


This verse lets me know that I am no longer a slave to and bounded by sin. I am free!!! My soul is no longer singing an old crappy, defeated song. My soul is singing a new and improve song. A song that's full of life. A song that's full of hope. A song that's full of joy. A song that's full of strength. A song that's full of love. A song that's full of peace. Hallelujah!!!

And to top it off, His grace (God's grace) is always with me. And despite all the turmoil and distress that I go or am going through, I would never be alone. God will be there to hold my hand, to wipe my tears from eyes, to comfort me, to ease the pain, to give my a hug, and to rock me to sleep like newborn baby at night, when I am restless. God is so awesome!!



So, listen and watch this video. In your meditating on this song, I pray God will quench your thirst like never before. I pray that the dryness and the parchness of your spirit be gone and be filled with the living waters of life. In Jesus' name... Amen!!


Please make sure you pause my playlist at the bottom of this page before proceeding :)








Come Thou Fount, Come Thou King

INTRO

VERSE 1

Come, Thou Fount of every blessing, tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Streams of mercy, never ceasing call for songs of loudest praise
Teach me some melodious sonnet sung by flaming tongues above
Praise the mount, I'm fixed up- on it
Mount of Thy re- deeming love

VERSE 2

I was lost in utter darkness 'til You came and rescued me
I was bound by all my sin when Your love came and set me free
Now my soul can sing a new song, now my heart has found a home
Now Your grace is always with me
And I'll never be a- lone

CHORUS

Come, Thou Fount, come, Thou King; Come, Thou precious Prince of Peace
Hear Your bride, to You we sing, come, Thou Fount of our bless- ing
Come, Thou Fount, come, Thou King; Come, Thou precious Prince of Peace
Hear Your bride, to You we sing, come, Thou Fount of our bless- ing

VERSE 3

O, to grace, how great a debtor daily I'm constrained to be
Let Thy goodness, like a fetter, bind my wandering heart to Thee
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it, prone to leave the God I love
Here's my heart, Lord, take and seal it
Seal it for Thy courts a- bove

CHORUS

Come, Thou Fount, come, Thou King; Come, Thou precious Prince of Peace
Hear Your bride, to You we sing, come, Thou Fount of our bless- ing
Come, Thou Fount, come, Thou King; Come, Thou precious Prince of Peace
Hear Your bride, to You we sing, come, Thou Fount of our bless- ing




Your Sister in Christ,
Toia

6 comments:

Mary Timme said...

I love this hymn too. And your words were so right on! God quenches our thirst when we tried all the wrong drinks and the wrong things.

Rebekah said...

Joyful post!!! Thank you for your song!

Myriam said...

Great post. Grateful that He quenches our thirst when we drink from His river of delight.

God bless.
Myriam

Daphine said...

What a great post Toia! I now know where to come to further help me in quenching my thirst! This was so inspiring to me!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I've added you to my bloglist as well and will be stopping by often.

Have a great evening!

Bay Jones said...

Hello,
First let me say thank you for coming to my blog and thanks for your prayers, I hope to feel better soon. I have never heard this song before and I find it very uplifting. Being bipolar I sometimes feel really low, it is only through Christ that I find healing for my soul. I really enjoy reading your post and I will check back often as I hope that you check mine. Thanks again. Tess

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for coming over and visiting me! Yes, my week has gotten so much better since Tuesday morning. Wow, you have such an inspirational blog. The song is a beautiful one. I remember singing that hymn in the church that I was raised in. I hope that you have a wonderful weekend. :o)