Thursday, January 8, 2009

Quench Your Thirst Thursday ~ Here I Am

Have it ever been a time when you were so thirsty that you needed a glass of cold water to quench it? Then after you drink it down the first thing you say is, "Ahhhh!" But what if your thirst runs deeper than that? What if, what you thirst for is not physical and a glass of water just won't do the trick? Hmmmmm...

Many of us thirst for love, righteousness, integrity, a closer relationship with God, oneness, and so forth. Whatever you thirst for God is the only one who can quench it. Your husband can't do it. Your children can't do it. Your job or money can't do it. Only God.


"For I will give you abundant water to quench your thirst and to moisten your parched fields. And I will pour out my Spirit and my blessings on your children. "(Isaiah 44:3, NLT) Your parched fields can symbolize parched areas of your heart (your spiritual being) that need to be moisten or tended to. But you have to be honest with yourself to see what areas of your heart needs to be moisten. Then you will begin to see God pouring out His Spirit on
you, your household, your children, your children's children.

God can quench your thirst through prayer, reading the bible, fellowshipping with other Christians (and/or at church), and through songs of praise and worship.

This is where "Quench Your Thirst Thursday" plays a part. God willing, each Thursday I will post a video of praise and worship. When viewing these videos, allow God to quench the thirstiness of your soul. And most importantly, listen and focus on the words of the song.

For my first edition of "Quench Your Thirst Thursday," is "Here I Am." Tell God "Here I Am." I have no money in the bank, but "Here I Am, Lord." My marriage seems to be a bit shaky, but "Here I Am." I am so stress about so many things going on around me, but "Here I Am." I am weak and broken, but "Here I Am."

Once you said, "Here I am," God will say, "I've been waiting for you my child."

So, please take time to view this video in its entirety. I pray that it will be a blessing to your spirit.


PS - Make sure you pause my playlist at the bottom. So that, it won't seem like there's 2 songs playing at the same time. :)







Your Sister in Christ,
Toia

6 comments:

Mary Timme said...

Wow! I'm getting two songs at once on the video, but you hit it right on Sister in Christ.

I've not gotten my award yet. Just got in front of the computer a few minutes ago! I will, and thanks

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Happy Thursday, I have to come back to the video because I'm at work, but reach for food when I should be reaching for the Lord. I'm single for now and I think that it's companionship that I crave. But I'm not settling, I'm patiently waiting for GOD to send my prince. In the mean time, I've cut back on the brownines.

Have a great weekend.

Tammy said...

Hi,
Thank you for stopping by my blog...sorry I didn't leave a link. I guess I was so excited about Love Dare I forgot. Here is the link to Family Life: http://www.familylife.com/
Blessings!
Tammy

Katrina said...

Beautiful video... I love that song... thank you for posting it. What a wonderful idea this is... may you be blessed.

java girl said...

Toia,

Thank you so much for your prayers and thoughts for little Jenna Grace. It is wonderful to know that there are Christian women all of this nation and other nations that are coming to gather to share in each others lives encouragement and support to walk the walk for Christ! Have a wonderful weekend and thank you again for your prayers!!

PS I love the music on your blog :o)

Jan Parrish said...

So true. No one else can quench our thirst but Jesus. Thank you for those words of truth. Beautiful video as well.