Sunday, January 18, 2009

Scripture Sunday ~ James 1:22-23

zwani.com myspace graphic comments
Christian Graphic Comments




"But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror;" (James 1:22-23)



"And remember, it is a message to obey, not just to listen to. If you don't obey, you are only fooling yourself. For if you just listen and don't obey, it is like looking at your face in a mirror but doing nothing to improve your appearance." (James 1:22-23 NLT)



"Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror." (James 1:22-23 NIV)




Your Sister in Christ,
Toia

4 comments:

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Heavenly Father, it is day 18 and I am "still" committed to my NYR to read four chapters a day. I am asking for your continued guidance as I talk this walk with you. I am in Exodus and rereading it for the second time and seeing things that I missed. I prayed that I'm not as stubborn and doubtful as Moses was and that on those days that I am, you keep your promises to me as well. In Jesus name I pray - Amen.

Thanks Toia for reminding me to keep "doing"

Happy Sunday!

Mary Timme said...

What a blessing! I was also reminded by the Lord today to Love as He loves me. Agape love at it's best!

Amydeanne said...

Thanks for the inspiration!

Tea with Tiffany said...

Action is such an important part of living out our lives as Christ followers.

Thanks for sharing these verses and for visiting my blog recently.

Grace and peace to you!