Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Make it Personal

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths." (Proverb 3:5-6)

Lord I rely and depend on you for everything. I would not try to figure things out for myself. I will acknowledge you for the true and living God that you are and I know you shall show me the way that will lead me to my destiny.


"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." (Romans 12:2)

I will pattern myself after the world. I am of the world, but I am not part of it. I will do this by always keeping my mind on You and on Your word. In all that, I will know the perfect and pleasing will of God for me.



"Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. 9 The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you." (Philippians 4:8-9)

I will meditate on things that are true, noble, just, pure, lovely. I will meditate on the good news and not the bad ones as well as all the praises and blessings. I will apply all that I learned, received, and heard in Your word. And the God of peace will be with me everywhere I go.



Photobucket

4 comments:

From the Heart said...

Great verses. Some of them I needed to hear today. Thank you.

Wanda said...

I find it helpful to make verses personal too. I often insert my name in verses.

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Amen! I love those verses! God is so good to us. He never lets go. And He never gives up on us. Thanks for the great encouragement today!

LisaShaw said...

Amen! Beautiful WORD to ponder and make personal!

Blessings!