Monday, July 9, 2012

Manic Monday ~ Exhalted




manic monday


I might have to change Manic Monday to Hot Monday because that's the kind of weather we have been experiencing in the southeast. Whatever you do, please do not take this heat for a joke. If you have to be out in the blazing heat, please take the proper precaution in staying cool. This public service announcement was brought to you by Toia Thompson. :)

Now as for Manic Monday, we are focusing on exhalted. Our scripture for this week is, "The LORD lives! Blessed be my Rock! Let God be exalted, The Rock of my salvation!" (2 Samuel 22:47). This verse is part of a song David spoke to the Lord. David was praising God for delivering him from his enemies and Saul (2 Samuel 22:1).

2 samuel 22:2-51 is a song that shows how much David love the Lord with all his heart, soul, and strength. He was a man's that panted after God's heart. In addition to that, David had a heart of worship. This song should encourages us to always give God thanks and give Him the glory.




exhalted ~ [#7311; Hebrew word rum (room)] - to elevate,
raise, bring up, lift up, extol, to make high and powerful


We should always praise and acknowledge the Lord for all the good He has done and for the blessings He has bestowed on us, our family, our home,  our job/business, and etc. God loves it when His children lift His Holy name because we are expressing how wonderful He is in the name of Jesus.






Scripture References to 2 Samuel 22:47
“The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; The God of my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, My stronghold and my refuge; My Savior, You save me from violence." (2 Samuel 22:2-3)

"The Lord lives! Blessed be my Rock! Let the God of my salvation be exalted." (Psalms 18:46)

"He shall cry to Me, ‘You are my Father, My God, and the rock of my salvation.’" (Psalm 89:26)


"He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved." (psalms 62:6)



Photobucket

2 comments:

Beauty and The Green said...

I love this. I have days like this sometimes and I know this feeling so well. It is good to be reminded that "God has got our back" and we WILL be alright.

Beauty and The Green said...

I love this. I have days like this sometimes and I know this feeling so well. It is good to be reminded that "God has got our back" and we WILL be alright.