Monday, July 23, 2012

Manic Monday ~ Portion and Wait



manic monday


I am glad that Monday doesn't have be (you know) crazy. Sometimes, I do find it hard to be productive on Mondays. I guess because in my mind I have four other days in a regular work week to make up for it. But today was different. I actually felt like I got some things accomplished today. I feel a wee bit ahead of my game this week. We just have to see what tomorrow will bring.


As for right now, we are going to get started with Manic Monday. This week theme scripture is Lamentations 3:24-25. I do recommend that you read chapter 3. In today's post, I am going to focus on two words:  Portion and Wait.



Portion ~ [hebrew word:cheleq; #2506] - means a part, inheritance, an allotment.


Because everything was taken away from them, the only thing that the tribe of Levi can called their own was the Lord's mercies. They were able to console themselves with God's mercy. "Through the Lord mercies, we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not," (Lamentations 3:22). This verse assures me that no matter how difficult a trial maybe God's mercy and compassion will always be there. And since the Lord is my portion, my inheritance, no one can take that away from me. Therefore, I can put my hope in my heavenly Father.

Having said that, in the midst of declaring that you put your hope in God, you must wait. While waiting, sometimes you may feel like God hasn't heard your cry or you are just alone. The devil may very well try to play with your emotions, get inside your head, and try to get you to lose faith in God. There is hope in God's salvation, but we have to (sigh) wait.


wait ~ [hebrew word:qavah; #6960] - to wait for, expect, hope, the idea of waiting hopefully


Don't let the devil fool you while you wait. God's word clearly states that He is good to those who wait for Him. David had more than enough experience in waiting on the Lord. He talks about it throughout the Book of Psalms.  In Psalms 27:14, David wrote, "Wait on the Lord. Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say on the Lord." In His plea for Deliverance and Forgiveness, David said in Psalm 25:5, "...For You are the God of salvation; On You I wait all the day." Our time is different from God's time. David could have waited years for God to delivered him. But, nonetheless, David waited. So, please, "Be patient and wait for the Lord to act; don't be worried about those who prosper or those who succeed in their evil plans," (Psalms 37:7).






Scripture References to Lamentations 3:24-25:
"My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
(Psalms 73:26)


"The Portion of Jacob is not like them, For He is the Maker of all things, And Israel is the tribe of His inheritance; The LORD of hosts is His name." (Jeremiah 10:16)


"....You are my hope in the day of doom." (Jeremiah 17:17)


"I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, And in His word I do hope. My soul waits for the Lord More than those who watch for the morning, Yes, more than those who watch for the morning."
(Psalms 130:5-6)




Photobucket

No comments: