Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sunday's Scripture Reading ~ Lamentations 3:24-25



bible-reading 1


Before I announce the theme scripture for this week, let's continue to lift up the Aurora Community in Colorado and pray for the oppressed, broken-hearted, those who are sick, and depressed. Let's remember to send our prayers out to people all across the nation in the name of Jesus.


This week's theme will be based on Lamentations 3:24-25:


The Lord is my portion,”
says my soul,
“Therefore I hope in Him!”
The Lord is good to those
who wait for Him,
To the soul who seeks Him.



Lamentations is a book divided into three poems. Lamentations 3:24-25 is in the third poem, which talks about God's mercy, man's submissiveness, and concludes with a prayer. Both verses, indicate a sense of hope and humility in the midst of troubles.

To paraphrase a bit, the tribe of Levi was basically saying..."Lord, you are the One and Only and there's no other. Everything we have is gone. No matter how long it takes, we will wait because all our hope is in You. "


This week we are going to dig in a little deeper. May God continue to add blessings upon the reading of His word.





Other Bible Translations for Lamentations 3:24-25

"I say to myself,
“The Lord is my inheritance;
therefore, I will hope in him!”
The Lord is good to those
who depend on him, to those
who search for him."
(nlt)


"I say to myself,
“The Lord is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him.”
The Lord is good to those
whose hope is in him,
to the one who seeks him;"
(niv)


"I'm sticking with God
(I say it over and over).
He's all I've got left.
God proves to be good to
the man who passionately waits,
to the woman who diligently seeks."
(msg)



"The Lord is all I have,
and so in him I put my hope.
The Lord is good to everyone
who trusts in him."
(gnt)



"The Lord is my portion or share,
says my living being (my inner self);
therefore will I hope in Him
and wait expectantly for Him.
The Lord is good to those who
wait hopefully and expectantly
for Him, to those who seek Him
[inquire of and for Him and require
Him by right of necessity and
on the authority of God’s word]."
(amp)





Photobucket

No comments: