Thursday, November 15, 2012

Give Thanks Day #15 ~ Psalm 23



give_thanksA


It's Day #15 of Designer's Original 30 Day Give Thanks Challenge. And today I am thankful for Psalm 23. Jesus is our shepherd; And we are His sheep that He cares for, directs as well as guides.



Psalm 23 is one of those passages that some parents insist on their child(ren) learning at an early age. Although I had to memorize psalm 23 when I was a little girl, it didn't become one of my favorite passages until later on in life....more like adulthood.



Psalm 23 is about having faith and complete trust in God, which in turn, becomes peace and confidence in the name of Jesus that He will take care of you. "Expect that Jesus, your Shepherd, will care for you. Rest, knowing that He will refresh you, walk with you, comfort you, nourish, and protect you." ~ The Spirit-Filled Bible.





Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.


He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths
of righteousness
For His name’s sake.


Yea, though I walk through the
valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.


You prepare a table before me in
the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.


Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever.











Photobucket

No comments: