Monday, January 7, 2013

A New You




I pray and hope everyone's new year is off to a good start. It's been a while since my last post. Sometimes, I never intend to take an unscheduled sabbatical from blogging, but it is what it is. One thing I like about blogging, you come back to it anytime and catch up. Needless to say, I did not make any resolutions in regards to blogging. However, I'm just going to take it one step at a time and follow where leads.


On another note.....



The new year is when some (if not most) people try to reinvent themselves.
---> a new diet or exercise regimen
---> maybe to be more organize
---> be more positive
---> build new relationships and let go of the old ones
---> a new outlook on life


For others, without making any resolutions, a new year means an opportunity for a fresh start. Goodbye to the old; And hello to the new.









2 Corinthians 5:17 reminds me that in Christ Jesus I am a brand new person. The old Toia no longer resides in my heart. In Christ Jesus, you can have a new way of thinking, a new perspective, a new attitude, a new talk, a new walk, etc.


All the new year's resolutions in the world are not nearly enough to make you the new and improved person you so desired to be. You need help. And that help comes from the power of the Holy Spirit and in the name of Jesus. Only Jesus can make you new.

Please keep in mind that this "new you" doesn't happen overnight. It's a continuing process. Well, I am still a work in progress, but I am not where I was a year ago. A new you doesn't mean a perfect you. A new you is becoming the person God has purposed and designed for you to be.


So don't fret. Jesus will give you the necessary tools you need to become a better you through prayer, reading the bible, fellowshipping with other Christians, and etc. He will never leave you. He will always be there helping and guiding you along the way.



Heavenly Father, I give myself to You to change from old to new. I want to be the person you have designed for me to be. Thank you.....in the name of Jesus I pray....Amen.






Photobucket

No comments: