Wednesday, April 3, 2013

In The Midst of Trouble



Sometimes we have the tendency to fear the unknown. When you are in a midst of distress or despair, it's naturally to fear the worst at first. However, you must be careful not to wallow in it. This is where you should not feed into your fear, but into your faith. One of the many reasons why I love the book of Psalms is that you can get a clear sense of his heartfelt relationship with God. David was in trouble so many times. Nonetheless, he knew His God, our God, will bring him out.


Psalm 138 is a psalm written by David about "The Lord's Goodness to the Faithful." Verses seven and eight are my favorite. It says,





"Though I walk in the midst of trouble,
You will revive me;
You will stretch out Your hand
Against the wrath of my enemies,
And Your right hand will save me.
The Lord will perfect that which concerns me;
Your mercy, O Lord, endures forever;
Do not forsake the works of Your hands."




David knew that God will stretch out His hand in his time of trouble and at the right time.  In addition, David knew that God will fulfill (perfect) all of His promises. One of them being, (just as He promised the children of Israel twice),.....






"Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."
(Isaiah 41:10)

 
 


"For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand,
Saying to you, ‘Fear not, I will help you.’"
(Isaiah 41:13)





In the midst of your trouble, whether it's financial trouble, relationship trouble, work-related trouble, etc., FEAR NOT!! Take hold of God's hand when he stretches it out to you. Grab hold of it tight and don't let go. Remember, no matter what you are going through God will fulfill His purposes that He has planned for your life.




















Photobucket

No comments: