Friday, April 5, 2013

Jesus, Our Advocate, Our Propitiation







I'm so bless and honored to have Jesus on my side as my Advocate. God knows that we are not perfect. He knows in some form or another we will sin everyday. But because our heavenly Father loves us so much, He appointed Jesus as our defense attorney to plead our case. In addition to being an Advocate, Jesus is also our Helper, Counselor (Lawyer), Intercessor through and by the power of the Holy Spirit. 1 John 2:1-2 reminds me of a Helen Baylor's song,






"If It Had, Not, Been For The Lord, On My Side
Where Would I Be?, Where Would I Be?.....

He Never Left Me All Alone
He Gave Me Peace And Joy I've Never Known
He Answered When I Knelt To Him In Prayer
And In Victory The Lord Brought Me This Way,
So...

If It Had, Not, Been For The Lord, On My Side
Where Would I Be?, Where Would I Be?....."





I don't think I even want to begin to imagine my life without Jesus in it!! Do you? Not only has God appointed Jesus as our Advocate, but He also provided Jesus to be the "propitiation for our sins", a covering for our sins. Propitiation means the appeasement of divine wrath by a sacrificial offering. Romans 3:25 says (amplified version),





"Whom God put forward [before the eyes of all]
as a mercy seat and PROPITIATION by His blood
[the cleansing and life-giving sacrifice of atonement
and reconciliation, to be received] through faith.
This was to show God’s righteousness, because in His
divine forbearance He had passed over and ignored
former sins without punishment."





I thank Jesus and give him all the praise for standing in the gap for my sin and coming before our Heavenly Father to plead my case, when at times I felt like I didn't deserve it. WHAT A MIGHTY GOD WE SERVE IN THE NAME JESUS!!! HALLELUJAH AND AMEN!!!



























Photobucket

No comments: