Monday, January 19, 2015

Getting Back to What I Love To Do!!




It's been about 2 years since my last post. I'm not sure why. It's not like I need to explain or anything. But if I had to give a reason, it would be TIME. You can either have too much or too little time. Sometimes time is not an issue, it's just where you simply don't feel like doing it. But how can I not feel like doing what I love doing. In my case, it's not necessarily my feelings that got in my way, but various distractions and not enough focus. Then the more time passed on the more I tucked my blog in a box along with other stuff that I used to do that I love doing. After being tucked away for so long, certain things can easily become a figment of your imagination. That is, if you allow it to be.

But, I must say God has a funny way of reminding you of your first loves in a subtle or not-so-subtle way. For example, these business cards below. I forgot I even had them. They pretty much came out of the blue sort of speak. Seeing these cards reminded me of how excited I was and the passion I felt for my jewelry making business and my blog. I took that as a hint. I thought, "Maybe God is trying to tell me something."








I came to realize that I don't have to sacrifice one dream for another, especially when it's God's will and a part of His master plan for my life. I just have to be more God-Conscious of my time and my daily tasks. It's a blessing to say that, "I'm doing what I LOVE; and I LOVE what I am doing."





If you're not doing what you love, I encourage you to find out what that is exactly.  You may have to take risks as well as a few leaps and/or steps of faith. But one thing I know for sure, it's going to take your ability to TRUST God and to WAIT on Him.

I love this quote by Steve Jobs:




Here's another quote I came via google search:






As for me, I pray that this is the beginning of many posts.  I may not post, but my prayer is that I practice being God-Conscious and not neglect or abort my dreams.




Photobucket

No comments: