Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Psalm 23 (for the office or at work)

PSALM 23 (FOR THE OFFICE)


The Lord is my boss, and I shall not want.
God gives me peace, when chaos is all around me.
God reminds me to pray, before I speak in anger.
God restores my sanity.
God guides my decisions that I might honor the Lord in . . .all that I do.

Even though I face absurd amounts of e-mail, system failures, copier jams, backordered supplies, unrealistic deadlines, staff shortages, budget cutbacks, red tape, downsizing, gossiping coworkers,
whining customers, I won't give up, for You are with me.

Your presence, peace and power will see me through.
You raise me up, even when the boss fails to promote me.
You claim me as your own, even when the company threatens to let me go.

Your loyalty and love are better than a bonus check

Your retirement plan beats any 401K, and when it's all said and done, I'll be working for you a whole lot longer!

Thanks be to God.

(Poem from God is Groovy)





You can always revise this poem to accomodate any situation at home, school, family, etc. The point is that know matter what you are going through and where you are going through (office, home), the Lord is and always will be The Shepherd you shall not want. He will be there for you through thick and thin, the ups and downs, and the highs and lows. Besides, I prefer to have someone whom I know without a shadow of doubt that will have my back and not break it or stab me in it.





Your Sister in Christ,
Toia

3 comments:

Beth in NC said...

Hello Sister! You have won a bloggy award. Please come to my blog to retrieve it!

Love!
Beth

Myriam said...

I love this rendering of Psalm 23. I want to add my 2 cents to fit my situation.
How awesome is our God - we can count on Him always.

Myriam

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

I so need this in my line of work and in my office especially!

Have a great week!