Sunday, January 25, 2015

Just a Few MEs





Hello Everyone!

I finished reading chapter 1.  I have read some of chapter 2 up to page 26. 

I read about a few MEs that are God's version at all.....

  1. The Me I Don't Want To Be
  2. The Me I Pretend To Be
  3. The Me I Think I Should Be

From what I read so far, I concluded that some or even most of us strive very hard to be everything and anything we want to be instead of what God wants us to be.   I think the reasoning behind that is because we want to please people, fit in, or be a part of something so that we can have a sense of belonging.  Peer pressure can, also, hinder the God's best version of us.

  • "We do not drift into becoming the best version of ourselves."
    • We are not going to be THE ME WE WANT TO BE overnight.  It's a process.  You're not going to stumble upon the best version of yourself.  It takes direction from God.  He directs our paths and shows us the way.

  • "When I am growing toward the ME I want to be, I am being freed from the ME I pretend to be."   "If I am ever going to become the ME I want to be.  I have to start being honest about the ME I am.
    • Both of these quotes go hand in hand.  The more you grow spiritually the more you become free in Christ Jesus.  I think a sense of awareness begins to happen.  You begin to realize how the truth can set you free.  God's words, His truth about who we are, release us from the bondage of not facing ourselves,  When we decide to face ourselves, we become honest about who we are. No more pretending. No more camouflaging. No more hiding.

There is more from today's reading experience.  However, I will elaborate more in my next post.  Consider this post as part 1.  Although I am a work in progress, they are a few MEs that I hope to steer clear of.

To Be Continued.......










Photobucket

No comments: