Saturday, January 24, 2015

The Journey Has Started - My A-HA Moments (So Far)



 
 


In my previous post, I talked about beginning the journey of becoming God's best version of ME by reading "The ME I Want To Be," by John Ortberg.  I started reading it last night.  So far, I've read chapter 1, pages 11 - 17.  I want to make sure I take my time to read and comprehend every word.  Sometimes, when you rush through your reading, there's a possible chance that you may miss a key point.

There were a few quotes that caught my attention.  I like to call these quotes my A-Ha moments.

  • "You are not your handiwork; your life is not your project.  Your life is God's project.  God thought you up, and He knows what you were intended to be."
    • I thought you else knows their creation better besides the Creator. No one.  Only God knows the master plan for our lives.  He knows our purpose. 

  • "Flourishing is not measured by outward signs such as income, possessions, or attractiveness.  It means becoming the person he had in mind in creating you.  Flourishing means moving toward God's best version of you."
    • When you flourish in God, you grow spiritually.  Your knowledge and experience in Him increase.  You develop a deeper, a more intimate relationship with God.

  • "God wants to redeem you, not exchange you."
    • After reading this statement, I immediately responded by saying, "Wow!"  Many times we think we are not good enough; we should be more like this person and that person and so on.  But God loves who we are and who He created.  We are His masterpiece.  Yes, we may need a little tweaking here and there, but it doesn't mean God wants us to be anything besides ourselves

There are more, but these are my top three reading moments.  John Ortberg made two scripture references:



 "For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ
Jesus to do good works, which God prepared
in advance for us to do," (Ephesians 2:10, niv). 
This scripture happens to be my base scripture for my blog. :)
 
 
 
"The righteous will flourish like a palm tree.....they will flourish
in the courts of our God," (Psalms 92:12-13, niv).


As I read this book, my goal is share with you my thoughts and favorite quotes in hopes that you will be blessed, inspired, and encouraged to become God's best version of you.









Photobucket

No comments: