Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thankful Thursday ~ Promises



This edition of Thankful Thursday I am thankful for God's promises. "Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful," (Hebrews 10:23). God is faithful to come through on His Promises. Just like He promises an abundant life through His Son Jesus and by the power of the Holy Spirit (The Comforter, The Helper) that works through us.

I am thankful for everlasting life. "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life," (John 3:16).

I am thankful for my benefits that God has promised me. "Bless the LORD, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits: (1). Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases, (2). Who redeems your life from destruction, (3). Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies, (4). Who satisfies your mouth with good things, So that your youth is renewed like the eagle's," (Psalm 103:2-5).

I am thankful no weapon formed against me, my family, my loved ones, my blogsisters, my finances, my marriage, my children, etc., etc., etc., shall not prosper no matter how hard the enemy tries. "No weapon formed against you shall prosper, And every tongue which rises against you in judgment You shall condemn," (Isaiah 54:17).

I am thankful that God promises to provide for me and give me strength through Christ to do all things. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me," (Philippians 4:13). "And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus," (Philippians 4:19).

I am thankful that when I put my trust in God and acknowledge Him for who His, He will direct my path. "Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths." (Proverb 3:5-6)

I am thankful that God will never leave me nor forsake me. He is always there through the good and carrying me through the bad. "....For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you," (Hebrews 13:5)

I am thankful God will give me rest when I am heavy laden. "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30).



God promises so many things. Yet, we tend to lose hope or lose sight of the God we serve. A God who is faithful and just, which is why we can hold fast to our confessions without wavering, without doubting, wondering if they will come to past. Through the mighty power of the Holy Spirit and through the mighty name of Jesus we are more than able to tap into God's promises and wait in encouragement for their fulfillment.

So, whenever you feel like you're alone, no sense of hope, or everything is crashing down on you, look to Jesus the author and finisher of our faith and read God's Word so you can know or remind yourself of what God has promised you.




Join Laurie at Women Taking A Stand - our host for Thankful Thursday!!!!


Blessings to you on this Thankful Thursday!!!
Toia














Photobucket

2 comments:

LisaShaw said...

Amen! Powerful thankful list dear sister in Christ!!!

A thankful heart does a LIFE good!!

Hugs!

Nana Jul said...

Great and true! AMEN and AMEN...
Our God is an Awesome God!
Hallelujah!
Have an incredible weekend.
Love,
Julie