Sunday, October 24, 2010

Refreshing Waters

Refreshing Waters

Sometimes I feel I’m in a desert
Trying to find my way
The heat beating down with no relief
With no shelter through the day

Day and night I cry out to God
That He will come to my aid
And just when I feel like giving up
In His refreshing waters I wade

For God supplies streams of hope
That flows to wash over me
It seems, though, for a brief moment
A short and temporal relief

Then once again I’m in the desert
Enduring the heat and the wind
Not long, O Lord, I start to pant
For refreshing waters within

I have to stop and ask myself
Why am I where I am?
It seems I’m wondering aimlessly
With no purpose, direction or plan

I long O God to find a way out
No longer to be in this place
When O God shall I be released
And dwell in your mercy and grace?

I long for your refreshing waters
To daily be part of my life
To continually be immersed in the streams
Of the blessings that flow from Christ.

© By M.S.Lowndes



"Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord," (Acts 3:19)

"but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life." (John 4:14)






Photobucket

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Love this, Toia! .....To be continually immersed in Him and the streams of His love and blessings!....That's the cry of my heart!!

Thanks for sharing this anointed poem!!

Have a blessed week!

HE IS FAITHFUL!!

Love and Hugs!
Jackie