Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thankful Thursday ~ Life Scriptures




This Thankful Thursday is about your life scripture. I have about three life scriptures/passages that I refer to often.

"For we are His workmanship (His masterpiece, His poem, His orignal creation), created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." (Ephesians 2:10) emphasis added


We are created in God's image. And everything He made is good. We were made for good works, to give God the glory, to preach the gospel, to win souls for Christ, and anything else that is and will edify the kingdom of God. So, when satan tries to imprint lies in my head about failures, mistakes, and/or shame. I remind him of this scripture and what God says. I am created for God and by God.

"Show me Your ways, O LORD; Teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me, For You are the God of my salvation; On You I wait all the day." (Psalm 25:4-5)



There comes a time or two, where I may find myself a little off track or need a sense of direction. When I am feeling that way, I remind myself of this scripture. And I pray and ask God to show me, teach me, guide me, and lead me. He's the only who knows my destination, so why not ask Him to show me the ways in which I should go. Even if I have to wait for directions and/or instructions, I will. But while I wait, I would be and remain steadfast in my faith. And wait on the Lord and be of good courage.



For my Thankful Thursday, visit our host, Lynn of Spiritually Unequal Marriage.





Photobucket

4 comments:

Karen said...

I never tire of this verse and thank God, He never tires of my prayers! Bless you today.

Heather Hart said...

Great Scriptures!
Happy Thankful Thursday!

Nancie said...

Amen, Toia! I love these verses you shared. Thanks for the reminder that we are made by God for good works, to give God the glory, to preach the gospel, to win souls for Christ, and anything else that is and will edify the kingdom of God. And God will guide us in the ways He wants us to go and teach us to do the things we wants us to do for Him and extension of His kingdom. Yes, He's the only who knows our destination, and we can wait on Him and be of good courage.

Thanks too for stopping by my blog. It's so nice to hear from you. Take care and have a blessed week.

Warm regards,
Nancie

From the Heart said...

Great post. Sometimes we just have to sit back and wait on the Lord.