Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Wisdom Word Wednesday ~ Sing

rocks2
 
 

Welcome to Wisdom Word Wednesday!! For a quick review, our theme scripture for this week is, "Make a joyful shout to the Lord, all you lands! Serve the Lord with gladness; Come before His presence with singing," (Psalms 100:1-2). I love the last part of this scripture...."Come before His presence with singing." The Contemporary English Version says, "Be joyful and sing as you come in to worship the Lord!" To read more bible translations for Psalms 100:1-2, click here.



The reason I love the last part of this scripture is because it expresses one of the ways to enter in God's presence, which is through singing. And, boy, do I love to sing. It's the best of both worlds. I love to get into God's presence; And I love to sing! Now, how about that!!  For Wisdom Word Wednesday, we should be wise to SING to God every chance we get.



"But, Toia, I cannot carry a tune in a bucket, if my life depended on it." I am here to tell you that God doesn't care anything about that. He just loves the sound of our voices. I believe that in heaven the sound of our voices singing His praises is music to His ears. God delights in the praises of His sons and daughters. Furthermore, He will bless you when you give Him a sacrifice of praise. A sacrifice of praise is getting out of your comfort zone of your usual form of worship so that you can express and prove to God how deep your love runs for Him.



So, I encourage you to lift up your voice and sing. Let it be a sweet sound straight from your heart to His ears in the name of Jesus!! Whether you are in tune or out of tune, just SING!! Sing joyfully!! Sing with gladness!! Sing His praises!! Sing of His marvelous and glorious works!!





 
 
 
 


"Sing praises to God,
sing praises!
Sing praises to our King,
sing praises!"
(Psalms 47:6)
 
 
 

 


sing5






Photobucket

No comments: