Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sunday Scripture Reading ~ Habakkuk 3:17-19

bible-reading 1


Have you ever had your schedule to kind of spin out of control? Whereas, time seems to fly by like the speed of light, especially when you are working on a project or two. Well, I'm definitely a witness to that. Even though your schedule may get a wee bit hectic, don't fret. Things will be back to normal sooner than you think.

I am glad of that because I was missing my blogging time. I still have a lot of catching up to do, but better late than never. Right? Anywho, this week our theme is based on Habakkuk 3:17-19.



Though the fig tree may not blossom,
Nor fruit be on the vines;
Though the labor of the olive may fail,
And the fields yield no food;

Though the flock may be cut off from the fold,
And there be no herd in the stalls—
Yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will joy in the God of my salvation.


The Lord God is my strength;
He will make my feet like deer’s feet,
And He will make me walk on my high hills.


This is one of my feel good passages that I love to read to encourage me and lift up my spirit. My Spirit-Filled Bible gives a great insight on this passage.



"Habakkuk provides a beautiful picture of how to move from doubt to faith, from confusion to understanding, and from fear to hope. He asked genuine questions, waited for God's answers, and accepted them. He put his hope in God and experienced His presence. In faith, he looked beyond his present circumstances to God, placing his hope in God's saving grace and absolute faithfulness. He set his heart and his eyes on God." ~ The New Spirit-Filled Bible



It's amazing how our circumstances may change, if we only decide to put our hearts and our eyes on God. We must ask, wait and accept just like Habakkuk did. Amen. So, let's journey together this week and see what God reveals to us by the power of the Holy Spirit and in the name of Jesus.








Other Bible Translations For Habakkuk 3:17-19
"Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vines; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; though the flocks die in the fields,and the cattle barns are empty,yet I will rejoice in the Lord! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation! The Sovereign Lord is my strength! He makes me as surefooted as a deer, able to tread upon the heights." (nlt)


"Though the cherry trees don’t blossom and the strawberries don’t ripen, Though the apples are worm-eaten and the wheat fields stunted, Though the sheep pens are sheepless and the cattle barns empty, I’m singing joyful praise to God. I’m turning cartwheels of joy to my Savior God. Counting on God’s Rule to prevail, I take heart and gain strength. I run like a deer. I feel like I’m king of the mountain!" (msg)



"Even though the fig trees have no fruit and no grapes grow on the vines, even though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no grain, even though the sheep all die and the cattle stalls are empty,I will still be joyful and glad, because the Lord God is my savior. The Sovereign Lord gives me strength. He makes me sure-footed as a deer and keeps me safe on the mountains." (gnt)











Photobucket

No comments: