Thursday, March 19, 2009

Quench Your Thirst Thursday #11 ~ "I Will Rise"

It's time for another "Quench Your Thirst Thursday." To understand the purpose of "Quench Your Thirst," please click here!
(Don't forget to come back!! :)


For the #11 edition of "Quench Your Thirst Thursday" is "I Will Rise" by Chris Tomlin. Chris Tomlin is one of my favorite contemporary Christian singers. This song "I Will Rise" is about our Dear Jesus' Resurrection and His return. And think about this.......Will You rise when Jesus calls your name?

Even now, we are being call to rise up in our Christian walk as well as our relationship with God. Jesus died and overcame the grave so that we can live an abundant life full of hope, joy, peace and everything else He stands for. But when it's time to be steadfast, immovable, and stand on the word, sometimes we clam up.

This not the time to clam up. This is the time to rise to every ocassion and declare the works of the Lord in Jesus' Name. As you walk bold before the Lord, there will be some obstacles trying to keep you down. But no matter how many times the devil tries to knock you down, you rise back up.

The devil is already a defeated foe. Jesus took care of that when He went to Hades just to rose up in victory on the third day. And God has given us every authority and power with the aide of the Holy Spirit to rise above our enemies in Jesus' name!! Amen and Amen!! So I will ask you again? Will you rise when Jesus calls your name?

My prayer for you is that as you listen to this beautiful worship song, you will become in empowered in the name of Jesus and realize all that He has done for you and me to live a life of freedom. And remember, the day is drawing near for Jesus to return. Then it will be our turn to rise up, when He calls our names.






There's a peace I've come to know
Though my heart and flesh may fail
There's an anchor for my soul
I can say "It is well"

Jesus has overcome
And the grave is overwhelmed
The victory is won
He is risen from the dead

And I will rise when He calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise on eagles' wings
Before my God fall on my knees
And rise
I will rise

There's a day that's drawing near
When this darkness breaks to light
And the shadows disappear
And my faith shall be my eyes

Jesus has overcome
And the grave is overwhelmed
The victory is won
He is risen from the dead

And I will rise when He calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise on eagles' wings
Before my God fall on my knees
And rise
I will rise

And I hear the voice of many angels sing,
"Worthy is the Lamb"
And I hear the cry of every longing heart,
"Worthy is the Lamb"
And I hear the voice of many angels sing,
"Worthy is the Lamb"
And I hear the cry of every longing heart,
"Worthy is the Lamb"

And I will rise when He calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise on eagles' wings
Before my God fall on my knees
And rise
I will rise





Your Sister in Christ,
Toia

3 comments:

Chris said...

Worthy is the Lamb!

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Love you little sister. Thanks again for an awesome eye opener. Have a happy weekend.

The butterfly (smile)

Shanda said...

Amen Sister!