Sunday, March 27, 2016

Delayed But Not Denied







I have a few items on my faith list. They have been on there since 2011. In addition to those items, I have my mini dreams and an ultimate dream. Having said that, I realize now that it is time for me to revised my faith list better known as my list of dreams. There are some things I need to add not necessarily take away. 

When I look at my list, I can see that my dreams have not exactly come to past......yet. I have made a few attempts here and there but some how I ended up on another totally (360 degrees turn around) different path (according to me......that is). As a result, I put my dreams on hold.

It can be frustrating at times when you try so very hard to make your dreams a reality, but only to have them put on the back burner of life. At this point it may seem like you are failing more than you are succeeding. You may even begin to question God about your dreams.



"Is this the plan you have for me God?"; 
"God, did I hear your instructions right?"
"After all these years, why haven't I seen at least one of my dreams come true?"
"Why does it seem like everyone around me is succeeding except for me?"



Sounds familiar?


One thing I know for sure is that DELAYED does not mean DENIED. Dreams delayed are not dreams denied. You just have to keep going refusing not to give up on yourself and most importantly, on God. Besides, delayed dreams may give you a new found appreciation of what you had to do....
                               endured struggles, 
                               overcome obstacles; 
                               persevered; 
                               stood tall; 
                               fell on your knees;
                               prayed;
                               released;
                               purged;
                               cried; 


in order to see the dream that God impregnated you with birth into existence.  We cannot expect dreams to be handed to us on a silver platter, especially if they are are destined to have a huge impact on people's lives for the better as well as bring them closer to the kingdom of God. The thief came to kill, steal and destroy, which includes all our hopes and dreams.

However, just because the enemy comes to do all those hurtful things to us does not mean he will succeed.  (HALLELUJAH!)  Because the last time I check....




NO weapon formed against US shall prosper,
And every tongue which rises against US in judgment
WE shall condemn in the name of Jesus
(Isaiah 54:17) paraphrased

(Can I get another.....HALLELUJAH!!)



So, again I tell you, dreams DELAYED are not dreams DENIED.  I encourage you to wait on the Lord.


"Therefore, my beloved brothers and sisters, be steadfast, immovable, always EXCELLING in the work of the Lord [always doing your BEST and doing more than is needed], being CONTINUALLY aware that your labor [even to the point of exhaustion] in the Lord is not futile nor wasted [IT IS NEVER WITHOUT PURPOSE]." (1 Corinthians 15:58)










Photobucket

No comments: