Monday, February 11, 2008

Let's Get Physical!!

Ok, it's that time of the year again. Recently, my husband did a body check after getting out of the shower and realized that he had love handles.(oh boo hoo hoo) The world as you know came to a halt. The stars went dim. The moon did not shine anymore. The dogs stopped barking. It was a paradigm shift in the universe. Maybe I am a bit dramatic. But, I wish you could have hear my beloved husband. Ok maybe I should have had a little bit of sympathy. But then I thought, "That's what you get for telling me my butt looks big in those jeans." :)

After sizing up his love handles, he decided to take a stand. He is not exactly on health kick in the sense of eating, just yet, but he is working out now. He's liftting weights now. You know getting his blood pumping and what not. He is getting himself physical fit just before summer rolls in this year.

With all jokes aside, I thought maybe my husband is on to something here. For those who are not physically fit (like me), I think it's time we should make a decision to become fit and healthy. Although we may become fit spiritually, we must become fit physically. God cannot work through us if we can barely walk up a flight of stairs and so on. "Or don't you know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself," (1 Cor. 6:19).

So from this day forward, I decided to start exercising. Now trust, I'm not going to get all Richard Simmons on my family and everything. I am going to take baby steps and allow God to show me how to proceed into becoming healthy. So who wants to join me on this quest into becoming both spiritually and physically fit? If you're ready, then.....

Let's get physical!!!




Your Sister in Christ,
Toia

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I do hope that you do! I started about a year ago. I was on the elliptical for five minutes and dramatically said..I cannot breath! I am going to faint! LOL Now I can be on that thing of an hour and I LOVE it! It is hard at first..but so worth it!

Brenda said...

Good for you! I've started walking the treadmill and doin a little on a Total Gym--you know, the Chuck Norris thing. I enjoy your blog. Have a great week.