Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #9








Thirteen Bible Scriptures I Love to Read


It's hard to say which scriptures are my favorite, but I do have some that I love to read and hold near and dear to my heart. Though I have many scriptures I love to read, I thought I narrow them to thirteen. Have a bless Thursday!!


1. "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." - John 3:16
2. "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." - Romans 8:28
3. "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." -Ephesians 2:10
4. "I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well." - Psalms 139:14

5. "Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. " - Proverbs 3:5-6


6. "Have faith in God. For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them." -Mark 11:22-24

7. "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

8. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Philippians 4:13

9. "No weapon formed against you shall prosper, And every tongue [which] rises against you in judgment You shall condemn. This [is] the heritage of the servants of the LORD, And their righteousness [is] from Me," Says the LORD. " - Isaiah 54:17

10. "The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." - John 10:10

11. "My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing." - James 1:2-4

12. "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." - Hebrews 11:1


13. "For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways." - Psalms 91:11


I hope these scriptures are a blessing to your spirit.


Happy Thursday!!!




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





Your Sister In Christ,

Toia

11 comments:

Randi Jo :) said...

Happy Thursday! Those are all wonderful scriptures!

Denise Patrick said...

Great scriptures. #1 and #8 are two of my favorites, too.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Happy TT!

Susannah said...

Wow, it doesn't get much better than this! 13 dynamic Scriptures to meditate on. Excellent and thanks.

Blessings,
e-Mom @ Chrysalis

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

I really like your blog ~ love the focus of it all.

These are wonderful scriptures...all near and dear to my heart. Thanks for spreading the good news!

I love #4, and #8 was my motto all growing up. We taught our kids #5 early on in life, and of course #1. They are all perfect, though.

Di said...

Do you know them all by heart?

Melanie said...

Wonderful scriptures!! Great idea for a 13!

Laura said...

Oh, I love all of those scriptures. Thank you for the encouragement.

Cindy Swanson said...

What a terrific list! The Bible is full of so many amazing verses, isn't it?

Stop by and visit my TT when you get a chance!

Dreamer said...

Awesome list! Thanks for stopping by! :) I love Phil 4:13 as well. :) Happy TT!

Melanie said...

Those are some great choices. Must have been pretty hard to narrow it down to 13.

SandyCarlson said...

2 and 13 together are my favorite!