Monday, October 5, 2009

Get Some Rest....If Needed

Well, it's Monday...again. But, it's all good. I woke up this morning with it raining outside. It's been raining pretty much all day. Sometimes, I kind of struggle with getting out of my bed on Monday mornings. But I didn't. I got right out of bed. Maybe it has something to do with being in bed since 10pm last night.

10 o'clock at night is very early for me to go to bed, especially when I'm so use to going to bed at 11 pm or 12 am. Trust me, going to bed around that time every night has the tendacy of catching up with you and not in a good way. So, I definitely don't make it habit of going to bed that late each night.

Going to bed that late sometimes, can make you feel really tired and sluggish. If or when I am feeling that way, when I get off of work, I definitely try to squeeze in a nap. Otherwise, I am no good for my family the rest of the evening, since I do have to help with homework, prepare and cook dinner, and on and on and on.


Many people don't realize that you cannot neglect your body when it come to getting some rest. I know with a busy schedule it's easier said than done. However, if don't take the time to give your body the rest it so desperately needs, your body will shut down and force you to make the time. And if it ever gets to that point, that means your immune system has very high and possibly chance of becoming weak, which will make your body vulnerable to the flu, infections, and etc.

So be wise with your body as I will be wise with mine and get enough rest or sleep. Remember, no matter how much we try, we are not superwoman.


Blessings to you all, always!!


Your Sister in Christ,
Toia

No comments: