Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Lord, I Need Your Help

There's a song that's been quenching the thirst of my spirit. It's called - "I Need Your Help" by Deitrick Haddon. Listening to the song and lyrics help my realize that no matter what - I need the Lord's help. I need Him to give me strength to get me through each day. I need the Lord's help with every problem or situation. I need the Him to help me be the woman of God-He has called me to be. I need His help with my finances, with raising my children, to be the kind of wife I should be to my husband, the kind of mother He would have me to be for my children, etc. The list goes on and on. The bottom line is that (no matter what) in the good and the bad, I need the Lord's Help.

So, everytime I hear this song it's blessing to my spirit. Because I know, when I need His help, all I have to do is ask. It's just that simple. He is not going to abandon me in my time of need. He is faithful and trust, so I know He is always there by my side.
"I will lift up my eyes to the hills-- From whence comes my help? My help [comes] from the LORD, Who made heaven and earth," (Psalm 121:1-2)


Here's the video for = "I Need Your Help - Deitrick Haddon" - Lyrics are below. I pray this song/video is a blessing to your spirit. PS - Please pause my playlist to the very bottom before you begin.




Verse 1:
In Your presence by myself, its You and me Lord and no one else, and I don't have to say a whole lot of things.
You already know I need Your help, my enemies want to see me fall, so they can say I told you so.
Mmmm, Lord I don't mean to bother You with my small problems, but there is no where else I can go.

Ooohhh,oooohhh,oooohhh,oooohhh,ooohhhh.

Hook:
Lord, I need your help (x2)

Verse 2:
Lord at thy feet I fall, and Lord I surrender all, and if You can forgive me of my sins, I know that I can start all over again, hey,
Oohhh,oooohhh,ooohh,oooohhh
You got it now sing it with me...

Hook:
Lord (Say I) I (I really do) need (yeah) Your help
(I tried to do it on my own but I found out)
Lord (I need) I (I need ya) need Your help

Bridge:
I traveled long on every side, there's no where to run or hide, won't You hear my humble cry (yeah!)

Hook:
Lord I need your help (x4)


Blessings to you always,
Toia


Photobucket

3 comments:

Beth in NC said...

Amen Toia! Thank you for sharing that with us.

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

I so needed to see this today. Thank you so much for sharing..

Julie said...

Toia,
Thanks so much for dropping by today. I saw your pic of Lake Murray. Recognize that...
My husband and I met at Columbia International University. (then Columbia Bible College) :-)
I agree with you that we are truly God's masterpiece. Each one of us molded and shaped as clay by the Master Potter into a beautiful vessel to do what He would have us do. In Jesus Christ we are new creations. Away with the fallen woman and In with the Redeemed Daughter of the Risen King. I know what I was , and I know who I am now. Praise God! Jesus Christ is my Warrior Savior and Redeeming Lover of my Soul. There is none other. Blessings to you my sister in Christ.!!! How great to be using your blogposts to give glory to HIm. Ooo-Rah says this Marine Mama...