Monday, July 12, 2010

The True Vine ~ John 15:1-8




"I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.

Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.

You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you.

Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.

I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.

If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.

If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.

By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples."
(John 15:1-8)




My prayer is that we continue to grow in Christ.
That we bear fruit that is pleasing to God, whereas He can be
glorified through His Son, Jesus' name. In the process of bearing
fruit, I pray that we would always humble ourselves and open our
hearts to pruning so that in turn we can maintain a sold-out,
non-compromising relationship with our Vinedresser.


Finally, I pray that we will abide with the True and Living Vine, Jesus and always remain and stay forever in His Presence. In hopes, that we will experience a glorious opportunity to grow and be productive in the Kingdom of God. Amen.








Photobucket

3 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

thank you for stopping by my blog tonight...I love to meet new blogging friends. This post is so for me. My desire is to grow fruit that is pleasing to Him, but sometimes my fruits of the spirit get neglected & wilt. Patience is so hard for me...most days. praying through
Mimi

Beth in NC said...

Wonderful scriptures and beautiful prayer Toia.

I must be in a season of some type of pruning because my flesh has been really stirred up. I will be a much more fruitful soul if I can just rest in the Hands of the Pruner.

Bless you today!
Beth

Unknown said...

I love John 15! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful prayer!