Saturday, September 25, 2010

Saturday Psalm Reading ~ Psalm 37:3-7

Psalm 37:3-7


Trust in the LORD, and do good; Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.

Delight yourself also in the LORD, And He shall give you the desires of your heart.

Commit your way to the LORD, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass.

He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light, And your justice as the noonday.

Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him; Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way, Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass



Trust. Dwell. Feed. Delight. Commit. Trust. Rest. Wait. Do not fret.
In Psalms 37:3-7, we are given a few instructions to follow:
1. Trust in the Lord
2. Dwell in the Lord
3. Feed on His faithfulness
4. Delight ourselves in the Lord
5. Commit your way to the Lord
6. Trust also in Him
7. Rest in the Lord
8. Wait patiently
9. Do not fret


This is a great psalm to read when there seems to be so much chaos going on around you; Or even when it seems like other people are getting bless or getting what they want, but it seems like you are not receiving anything from God. Psalm 37 is a reminder that if you just trust me (God) to do what I said I would, remain faithful, and delight yourself in Me, then I would give you your heart's desires. I am here. I am not going anywhere.

Another reminder is not to be moved by other people's success. If we must take heed to the other instructions in Psalm 37:
Commit your way, your plans to the Lord and just trust Him (There goes that "trust" word again.) then He will bring it to pass.


Rolling over your way, your plans, your dreams, your goals, your visions, etc., is one of many ways to show God that you are walking in faith and not by sight and believing in Him without a shadow of doubt.

Psalm 37:7 says, "Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him;...". This doesn't mean not to do anything. This means to spend time with God by reading and meditating on His Word, basking in His presence, and in all that you must wait patiently on Him. It's best not to be anxious while you wait on God.

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;"
(Philippians 4:6 New King James)


Last but not not least, DO NOT FRET!!! There's no need to fret or fear when other people are becoming succesful or receiving blessings and/or miracles. Fear of neglect. Fear of not being anything you want to be. Fear of being deemed not worthy enough to receive all that God has for you due to the bad choices you made in the past. God does not want us to fret, to worry or have any inkling of fear. Here's the Amplified and The Message Bible version of Philippians 4:6:

"Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God." (Amplified)

"Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns." (Message)


Why worry??? Why fret?? Why fear??? It is our faith that keeps us strong; that gives us hope and a sound mind. Satan will try to use any ounce of fear or worries to distort our faith in God. However, if we remain steadfast, immovable and always standing on God's Word (His promises), then satan will have no power over us.
"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." (2 Timothy 1:7)


We are the righteousness of God and He would do just what He said He will do. It may not happen when we want it to, but it will happen. God's word will return to Him void.
"So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." (Isaiah 55:11)

It's all in God's timing.


Blessings to you on this Saturday Psalm Reading.





Photobucket

7 comments:

Connie said...

Wonderful encouraging words....The WORD is life!
Thanks for visiting my blog.

Karen said...

I believe we were thinking alike today! Thank you for your inspiring post.

From the Heart said...

Psalms 37 is one of my favorite scriptures.

Kim B said...

Wonderfully explained and one of my favorites...have a great Sunday,
Kim

Amanda said...

This is so encouraging Toia! I love this psalm, and I love how you used a few different translations to really expand on it.

One of the biggest tests is when it seems everyone around you is getting blessed, going through this walk without too many struggles etc etc, and then we look at our own circumstances. I know, I used to do it all the time. I think for me, the key was to get my eyes off myself, and keep them on Him. Easier said than done, I know lol. But it is a key, nonetheless...

Thank you for bringing such refreshing rain our way!

Kendra @ Domestic Princess in Training said...

I just visited your preschool blog and tried to leave ya a comment over there but it wasn’t working for some reason. Anhywho your preschool blog is a great idea! I use to teach preschool and loved it dearly! I miss all the funny things they would say, how I had to forget about anything negative that was going on the moment I walked into my class (I was on stage and had 24 little 4 years old that would run over me if I was not always on my game.)
Thank you for your sweet comment on my last post.

Kendra aka “Domestic Princess in Training”

Jeanine said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog for a visit. Hope you stop over often and that you don't mind me doing the same here.
Peace and blessings to your day!
Jeanine (at peaceFULLYsimple)