Saturday, January 22, 2011

Psalm 42 and Psalm 43







Psalm 42
AS the deer pants for the water brooks, So pants my soul for You, O God.

My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God?

My tears have been my food day and night, While they continually say to me, "Where is your God?"

When I remember these things, I pour out my soul within me. For I used to go with the multitude; I went with them to the house of God, With the voice of joy and praise, With a multitude that kept a pilgrim feast.

Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him For the help of His countenance.

O my God, my soul is cast down within me; Therefore I will remember You from the land of the Jordan, And from the heights of Hermon, From the Hill Mizar.

Deep calls unto deep at the noise of Your waterfalls; All Your waves and billows have gone over me.

The LORD will command His lovingkindness in the daytime, And in the night His song shall be with me— A prayer to the God of my life.

I will say to God my Rock, "Why have You forgotten me? Why do I go mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?"

As with a breaking of my bones, My enemies reproach me, While they say to me all day long, "Where is your God?"

Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; For I shall yet praise Him, The help of my countenance and my God.

Psalm 43
VINDICATE me, O God, And plead my cause against an ungodly nation; Oh, deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man!

For You are the God of my strength; Why do You cast me off? Why do I go mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?

Oh, send out Your light and Your truth! Let them lead me; Let them bring me to Your holy hill And to Your tabernacle.

Then I will go to the altar of God, To God my exceeding joy; And on the harp I will praise You, O God, my God.

Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; For I shall yet praise Him, The help of my countenance and my God.


HTML Tables





Psalm 42 and Psalm 43 are considered to be one in the same. Psalm 42 is about Yearning for God in the Midst of Distress. And Psalm 43 is about Prayer to God in the Time of Trouble.

In very discouraging and distressful situations, God can seem very far away, especially when under so much ridicule. Many times we may feel oppress, hopeless, fearful, weary, and alone. However, we must remember that our only hope is in God. We must seek Him through prayer, praise, worship, daily bible reading, and devotional time.

In the midst of your dreadful storm, remember God's promises and focus on them. This will keep you strong in faith.




"So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."
(Romans 10:17)


Psalm 42 and Psalm 43 are perfect examples for giving God a "YET" praise. God even though I am having marital problems, Yet - I will praise You. God, even though I am in a desperate financial need, YET - I will praise you. God, even though I am having issues with my boss or co-workers, YET, I will praise you.




"Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him,For the help of His countenance."
(Psalm 42:5)





"Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; For I shall yet praise Him, The help of my countenance and my God." (Psalm 42:11)






"Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; For I shall yet praise Him, The help of my countenance and my God."
(Psalm 43:5)



No matter what kind of adversity you are facing or what kind of distress you are experiencing, give God a YET praise. God is moved by our "YET" praise. He loves it when we take our eyes off of our circumstance and focus on Him.


Giving God a "YET" praise in the time of distress, can give you an opportunity to take your mind off your problems. Sometimes when you take all of your energy and time and focus on everything that seems to be going wrong in your life, it can drain you dry, which can possibly lead to depression. Because the more you focus on problems, the more you can become weighted down by them.



Note from The Life Application Bible:
Depression is one the most common emotional ailments. One antidote for depression is to meditate on the record for God's goodness to His people. This will take your mind off the present situation as you focus your thoughts on God's ability to help you rather than on your inability to help yourself. When you feel depressed take adavantage of Psalms 42 and 43 antidepressant. Read the bible's account of God's goodness and meditate on them.



Heavenly Father I pray for everyone who are facing adversities or going through a distressful situation that they focus on your goodness and mercy. I pray they will give you a "YET" praise in the midst of their storm. And power by the power of the Holy Spirit and in the name of Jesus, I rebuke any inkling of depression. I put all my hope in You. In the name of Jesus, I pray....Amen.




Photobucket

2 comments:

Joy said...

You have a beautiful blog. I have enjoyed reading your post and look forward to coming back to visit again soon. Thanks for stopping by and visiting me!

RCUBEs said...

As our schedules have been changed, I am facing a tough trial right now as I request if my work can accommodate me working 8 hours still instead of 12 because of the neck injury I had many years ago. It's nice to be reminded and be prayed for. Back at you and God bless.