Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Pruning Process: Changing From the Old into the New

My last posts are about springing forth into something new as well as allowing God to take you out of the old and transform you into a new creature in Christ that He has destined you to be.




In addition to that, I need you to understand that the NEW you is not going to happen with the wave of some sort of a magic wand or overnight. It's not an instant gratification, but a delayed one, which in the long run you will appreciate more. It's a process.




God brought this passage to my attention, during my devotional reading.

“I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.


I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples."   (John 15:1-8)

From reading John 15:1-8, you can understand why being a new creature in Christ is so important. You can't bear fruit if your spirit is old and withered. You have to allow God to prune away all dead, old, and dried areas in your heart, so that you can blossom and bear fruit. The more fruit you bear the more our Father in heaven gets glorified.


Once again, it's a process - The Process of Pruning. The more you get into God's Word (meditate on it, study it, apply it and speak it) the more God prunes all the old in the name of Jesus and by the power of the Holy Spirit. Then you will begin to blossomed like you never did before and bear so much fruit that you have no other choice to share and bless others just as God has blessed you.


Father, I pray that you stripped away and prune every dead, old, and withered area in my life so that I can bear fruit. I am changing from the old into the new in the name of Jesus and by the power of the Holy Spirit working in me. To God be the Glory!! Hallelujah and Amen!!





zwani.com myspace graphic comments
Myspace Seasons Comments & Graphics






Photobucket

1 comment:

Anne - Mommy Has to Work said...

I'm ready for a change! Thanks for the inspiration!