Saturday, August 20, 2011

Lighten the Load

"For My yoke [is] easy and My burden is light." (Matthew 11:30)


How often do we find ourselves taking on more than we can carry?? If you are like me, probably more often than you can count on one hand. God wants us to allow Him to carry all of our heavy burdens.


This past month or so since my last post, I had a lot on my plate. I had to plan and prepare for the first day of preschool, where I am the assistant director, register my three children for school, paying facts and fees, buying school supplies, school clothes, and make transportation arrangements. All the while I had to maintain my sanity.


It was tough no doubt. Many times I felt overwhelmed. I was worrying about how much it was going to cost to get my three children ready for school. In addition to that, I was questioning my position as assistant director. So, it was a lot of emotions going on inside of me and all kinds of crazy thoughts running through my head.


However, when I was able to come to myself and pause for just enough time for God to speak to my heart. He told me not to worry, but to cast all my cares upon Him. I would make a way out of what seems like a no way to you.


I felt relieved and realized that I should have done that from the beginning. After everything was said and done, I was able to breathe out a sigh of relief. I don't feel overwhelmed and pressured anymore.


Besides, Matthew 11:30, a few scriptures came to mind that really helped me.


"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." (Matthew 6:34)


"Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7)


"I will lift up my eyes to the hills--From whence comes my help? My help comes from the LORD,...."           (Psalm 121:1-2)






No matter how big or small of a problem you are trying to take on yourself. Give it to God. Let Him lighten the load. Even the smallest and tedious problem, can weigh you down tremdously and take your focus off of God.



Heavenly Father thank you for being our burden carrier and lightening our load. I pray for those who being weighted down by their circumstance that they will come themselves long enough to trust you and to let it go into your hands. All praise, all glory, and honor to You in the name of Jesus I pray, Amen.








Photobucket

No comments: