Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thankful for a "Little Pick-Me Up" ~ Habakkuk 3:17-19





I am thankful for everytime I am feeling down I can use God's Word as a pick-me up. There will be days where you may not feel as cheery as you would normally; Or where you may feel a bit heaviness in your spirit. Whatever the case may be, you know when you are not having a good day. But it's okay. The most important thing is that whatever or whomever may have you feeling down in the dumps, you don't have to allow it to keep you down.


Use God's word as a "pick-me up". There are many, many, many scriptures/passages in the bible that can bring joy, peace, and an upliftment in your spirit. For example this passage definitely helps me, when I am feeling down.








"Though the fig tree may not blossom, Nor fruit be on the vines; Though the labor of the olive may fail, And the fields yield no food; Though the flock may be cut off from the fold, And there be no herd in the stalls-- Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The LORD God is my strength; He will make my feet like deer's feet, And He will make me walk on my high hills." (Habakkuk 3:17-19)







How about this......


I will extol You, O LORD, for You have lifted me up, And have not let my foes rejoice over me. O LORD my God, I cried out to You, And You healed me. O LORD, You brought my soul up from the grave; You have kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit. Sing praise to the LORD, you saints of His, And give thanks at the remembrance of His holy name. For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; Weeping may endure for a night, But joy comes in the morning."                  (Psalm 30:1-5)



God's word is a guarantee that troubles don't last always. So, whenever you need a pick-me up, refer to God's Word and let it minister to you spiritually and emotionally.









Heavenly Father I thank you in the name of Jesus for Your Word. It is a lifter of my spirit when I need it most. It's because of Your Word that I know without a shadow of doubt that troubles don't last always. Amen.








Photobucket

No comments: