Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Seeking God First!!




Photobucket




One of my sweet blogsister (Ms. Butterfly) as well as sister in Christ said it best when she commented in my previous post...."Key word being "pray." That never fails." Please check out her blog His Princess Bride .

What she said is true. Prayer is key to everything and it never fails. I remember I use sing in the choir growing up called "Prayer is the key and Faith unlocks the door!" This is what I called a "Hallelujah!!" and "Amen!!" song. Prayer is vital to your spiritual well-being, when you are embarking on a new journey and fulfilling dreams birthed in your heart by God.


My prayer for 2012 is Matthew 6:32-33.


"...For your heavenly Father knows that you need
all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and
 His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."


God knows what I want. He knows what I need. Most importantly, God knows every desire and every dream that is burning within my heart. But, if I don't SEEK GOD FIRST and put Him the head of my life, none of these things will come to past. I realize that in order for a manifestation of my dreams, my hopes, and my desires to happen, I must "seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness" (His right way of doing things). This is something I cannot afford not to take heed to.



My prayer is that...Heaven Father, I pray that I seek you first in all things. I know that if I set you as top priority in my life, you will work miracles beyond miracles in my life, bless beyond measure so that I can be a blessing to others, and turn my list of what seems to be impossibilities....possibilities. I thank you God in the name of Jesus that you are the head of my life. I stand on your word and what it says in Matthew 6:32-33. And I know all things wil be added to me, if I seek you first. In Your Son's precious name I pray, Amen.



Photobucket

No comments: