Saturday, June 30, 2012

Saturday's Stop and Reflect ~ Psalms 51:10




reflecting






This Week's Scripture for June 24 - June 30, 2012
mirror psalms 51_10


Nuggets of Reflection:
  • Create means to be fashion anew. Let God do a new thing in your heart.
  • Strip away the old, hard areas of my heart so that the new can come to surface.
  • When God creates something, He changes the order of it.
  • God is in the business of creating, transforming, restoring, and cleaning.
  • What God did for David in Psalm 51, He can do it for you.





Psalm 51
Be merciful to me, O God,
because of your constant love.
Because of your great mercy
wipe away my sins!
Wash away all my evil
and make me clean from my sin!



I recognize my faults;
I am always conscious of my sins.
I have sinned against you—only against you—
and done what you consider evil.
 
So you are right in judging me;
you are justified in condemning me.
I have been evil from the day I was born;
from the time I was conceived, I have been sinful.


Sincerity and truth are what you require;
fill my mind with your wisdom.
Remove my sin, and I will be clean;
wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
 
Let me hear the sounds of joy and gladness;
and though you have crushed me and broken me,
I will be happy once again.
Close your eyes to my sins
and wipe out all my evil.


Create a pure heart in me, O God,
and put a new and loyal spirit in me.
Do not banish me from your presence;
do not take your holy spirit away from me.
 
Give me again the joy that comes from your salvation,
and make me willing to obey you.
Then I will teach sinners your commands,
and they will turn back to you.


Spare my life, O God, and save me,
and I will gladly proclaim your righteousness.
Help me to speak, Lord,
and I will praise you.

You do not want sacrifices,
or I would offer them;
You are not pleased with burnt offerings.
My sacrifice is a humble spirit, O God;
You will not reject a humble and repentant heart.

O God, be kind to Zion and help her;
rebuild the walls of Jerusalem.
Then you will be pleased with proper
sacrifices
and with our burnt offerings;
and bulls will be sacrificed on your altar.
(gnt)







Photobucket

No comments: