Sunday, September 16, 2012

Scripture Sunday Reading ~ John 16:13-16



bible-reading 1



Welcome!! It's Scripture Sunday Reading. Sunday is considered to be (for most people) the last official day of the weekend. So, relax and enjoy your Sunday as you prepared for the work week. Now, let's get started. 
 

In John 16:7, Jesus informed His disciples that He has to go away in order for our Helper to come to us. "Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the HELPER will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you."



Our Helper is the Holy Spirit. We need the Holy Spirit to help us and guide us through all things. Having said that, our themed scripture for this week is John 16:13-15.



"However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you." (John 16:13-15)


It's the Holy Spirit who gives us the power in the name of Jesus to be effective in our ministry in order to attract people to the kingdom of God. We are so bless to have the Holy Spirit on our side. Nonetheless, I realize sometimes that I don't activate the power nor the gifts of the Holy Spirit as often as I should.



However, that's going to change as I dig a little deeper in the word    of truth each time. The power and the gifts of the Holy Spirit are definitely an upcoming bible study. Stay Tuned. In the meantime, let's wait and see what God reveals to us this week in regards to     John 16:13-15.







 
 
 
 
 
 
Other Bible Translations for John 16:13-15
"When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own but will tell you what he has heard. He will tell you about the future.  He will bring me glory by telling you whatever he receives from me. All that belongs to the Father is mine; this is why I said, ‘The Spirit will tell you whatever he receives from me." (nlt)




"But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you.  All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.” (niv)





"When, however, the Spirit comes, who reveals the truth about God, he will lead you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own authority, but he will speak of what he hears and will tell you of things to come. He will give me glory, because he will take what I say and tell it to you. All that my Father has is mine; that is why I said that the Spirit will take what I give him and tell it to you." (gnt)





"But when He, the Spirit of Truth (the Truth-giving Spirit) comes, He will guide you into all the Truth (the whole, full Truth). For He will not speak His own message [on His own authority]; but He will tell whatever He hears [from the Father; He will give the message that has been given to Him], and He will announce and declare to you the things that are to come [that will happen in the future]. He will honor and glorify Me, because He will take of (receive, draw upon) what is Mine and will reveal (declare, disclose, transmit) it to you. Everything that the Father has is Mine. That is what I meant when I said that He [the Spirit] will take the things that are Mine and will reveal (declare, disclose, transmit) it to you." (amp)











Photobucket

No comments: