Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Wonderful Word Wednesday ~ Countenance


Welcome to another episode of Wonderful Word Wednesday.  Our word of the week is countenance.

According to the Webster dictionary, countenance means mental composure, calm, expression, moral support; bearing or expression that offers approval or sanction [influence (as of conscience) that impels to moral action]

"Why are you cast down, O my soul?
And why are you disquieted within me?
Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him
For the help of His countenance."
(Psalm 42:5)

Why are you cast down, O my soul?
And why are you disquieted within me?
Hope in God;
For I shall yet praise Him,
The help of my countenance and my God.
(Psalm 42:11)

From the biblical perspective, Countenance (Strong's #6440: Hebrew word~paneh (pronounced paw-neem') means in front of, before, to the front of, in the presence of, in the face of, at the face or front of, from the presence of, from before, from before the face of.

God helps us to keep our mental composure and gives us moral support to do the right thing and to live a life that is pleasing in Gid's eyes., especially when are being wronged and experiencing hardship.

When your back feels like it's pushed up against the wall, you can't help but hope in God the help of our countenance, which keeps us on the straight and narrow, gives us peace of mind and instructs us how to respond to a situation instead of reacting to it.




No comments: