Friday, March 28, 2008

Freedom Word Fighters Friday

"Therefore if the Son makes you free,
you shall be free indeed."
(John 8:36)




In this edition of Freedom Word Fighters Friday, I want you to know that once Jesus has set you free, you are indefinitely free. You are no longer subject to chains, shackles, and ties. You are free.
There maybe times when you don't feel so free. You maybe feeling depress or low due to a situation you are currently facing or random thoughts playing over and over again in your mind. But that's ok. Though we are free spiritually, we still have battles to fight. However, we must choose not to let the battles we are fighting consume us. Yes, you are going to feel defeated at times. Yes, you are going to get frustrated and aggravated. That's naturally.




How you deal is the main thing. When you feel all these not so good emotions, go ahead and let it out. Even David, himself, vented to the Lord in anger.
Read what David had to say in Psalm 22:1-2,




"My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me? Why are You so far from helping Me, and from the words of My groaning? O My God, I cry in the daytime, but You do not hear; And in the night season, and am not silent."




Then, afterwards, he still acknowledge God for who He is.......a deliverer.




"I will declare Your name to My brethren; In the midst of the assembly I will praise You." (Psalm 22:22)




Just as God delivered David and many others in the bible, he will do the same for you. And part of your deliverance package is the freedom God gave you by sending His only Son (Jesus) to die on the cross for your sins. The day that Jesus died, was the day you were set free.




So who the Son set free is free indeed!! Walk in your freedom.






Your Sister in Christ,
Toia

No comments: