Friday, April 4, 2008

Freedom Word Fighters Friday - Free From Self

"He must increase, but I must decrease."
(John 3:30)


This is edition of Freedom Word Fighters Friday is about being free from self. Sometimes it's ourselves that keep us in bondage and not the devil. It's what I like to call the "It's all about me" or the "I, I, I" syndrome.

We can become more in tune with what our wants and needs are instead trying to become more in tune with God and His wants and needs for our lives. The same thing goes for when we are face with a problem. We focus more on the problem and not on the solution, which is in God through Christ Jesus. Many times we petition before God all of our hearts' desires, but fail to search within our hearts the true motive behind what we desire. Are your motives pure? Do they line up with God's will for your life? Or do you ask for these things (whatever they may be) for God's glory or bragging rights?

These are things that you have to ask yourself, if you truly want to remove the idea of self out of the equation. When you put self in the way, you become blind and unable to see the direction to where God is leading you. As a result, you go round and round in circles. Case in point.........the children of Israel in the wilderness. They went around in circles for 40 long years. And it's all because they did not remove themselves, their emotions, their feelings out of the way long enough to see where God was leading them. I believe if they would have decrease in themselves, and allow God to increase in their spirits with no holds barred, they would have enter the land of milk and honey that same day. Definitely, a lot sooner than 40 years.

That's the same with us. If you are tired of going through that same vicious cycle, decrease and be free of self and let God increase. You may be thinking, "Well, I pray every morning and at night before I go to bed." My response is...... after you pray, do you listen long enough to hear a response from God.

"Well, I read my bible daily." And my response is.......Do you just read the bible or do you study what the scripture is saying and get revelation from God.

If you want to be free from self, you going to have make up your mind to do whatever it takes. You are going to have to go beyond the call of duty. And how do you do that???

Simple, first get down on your knees or lay down before God and humble yourself before Him. And let God lead you from there. Doing that is the first step of being free from self. Everytime you humble yourself before God, your 'self' is decreasing and God is increasing. Take down your 'self' and rise up in Jesus. I call you free from your 'self' in Jesus' name.




Your Sister in Christ,
Toia

No comments: