Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Word-Filled Wednesday ~
1 Chronicles 4:10






Photobucket


"And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, 'Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep [me] from evil, that I may not cause pain!' So God granted him what he requested."
(1 Chronicles 4:10)



Jabez's prayer was short, but remains to have a long-lasting impression on many Christians today. This prayer has impacted so many lives in more ways than one. The Prayer of Jabez gives you encouragement, inspiration, and hope. After Japez prayed, God granted him his request.

Have you made any requests to God, lately? God wants to grant our requests, but He is waiting for us to open our mouths and speak it into existence. The James 4:2 says it best,
"Yet you do not have because you do not ask."

When you pray the Prayer of Jabez, make it your own personal prayer. For example, this is the Prayer of Toia...."And Toia (or I) called on the God of Israel saying, "Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep [me] from evil, that I may not cause pain!" So God granted her (or me) what she (or I) requested."

This is my prayer. Now,...You must understand when making your requests known to God, you have to examine your motives. Please make sure your motives are pure and just and not for selfish ambition. "People may be pure in their own eyes, but the LORD examines their motives," (Proverbs 16:2)

I pray that this Word-Filled Wednesday has been a blessing to your spirit, soul, and body. Stay Bless and Stay Strong!!!




For more Wordfilled Wednesday check out the160acrewoods.com


Photobucket







Your Sister in Christ,
Toia

5 comments:

Beverlydru said...

Hi Toia, Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and commenting. I love meeting my blog neighbors. Interesting that you posted on the prayer of Jabez today. I got back out my books on that in January and started praying that prayer again. It's powerful!

Laurie Ann said...

Great post about this precious Scripture. Motives are very important in praying this prayer, I've found. Happy WFW!

Carrie said...

Beautiful post. We must pray with confidence that our petitions is heard and will be answered.

Amydeanne said...

Great words to choose! and what a prayer! Amen!

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

I love this idea. My heart is pure and this I know for sure. I just heard this being talked about on my Christian Station 105.1

I want the very best for everyone, especially my enemies. That's how I know I've grown in my spiritual walk. I have no anger and resentment for anyone.

Love, peace and blessings.